Orienteering and geocaching

greenloopjohndeere

8 minutes ago, greenloopjohndeere said:

I am new to the site and geocaching so I am not sure where to start.  What I want to do is find a geocache that has  more information to follow with a compass.  For example, after finding the cache it says go 240 degrees for 10 paces and then turn to 90 degrees and maintain until.... Is there anything like that in Ga?

This is quite usual cache type. Because the cache is not at the posted coordinates these caches has been published as mystery caches. You may find some if you focus on those blue question marks on the map.

16 minutes ago, greenloopjohndeere said:

What I want to do is find a geocache that has  more information to follow with a compass.  For example, after finding the cache it says go 240 degrees for 10 paces and then turn to 90 degrees and maintain until.... Is there anything like that in Ga?

All geocaches must have some GPS usage to be listed here.  The cache is the final. 

Where would you head  to afterwards by compass ?  Parking , where you started from ?

You could have similar compass usage heading to a geocache by going after some multi caches, and many letterbox hybrids.  

Other cache types are here.

Curious, did you start with a basic explanation of the hobby in Geocaching 101 yet ?

• Helpful 1
On 12/30/2018 at 9:51 AM, greenloopjohndeere said:

I am new to the site and geocaching so I am not sure where to start.  What I want to do is find a geocache that has  more information to follow with a compass.  For example, after finding the cache it says go 240 degrees for 10 paces and then turn to 90 degrees and maintain until.... Is there anything like that in Ga?

You may want to check out Letterbox type geocaches.  https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=822