Walking stick trackable

SageAMunster

8 minutes ago, SageAMunster said:

Just purchased Brazos Trackable Walking Stick.  Since it will not be leaving my hand, I believe I want it to be a collectable. Will it still count the distance traveled? Or is it just a discovery thing? 

Marking an item "Collectible" is only the first step in moving it to a Collection, and affects no logs by itself.

If you want all log options available to you, don't even mess with the "Collection".

1 hour ago, SageAMunster said:

Just purchased Brazos Trackable Walking Stick.  Since it will not be leaving my hand, I believe I want it to be a collectable. Will it still count the distance traveled? Or is it just a discovery thing? 

I presume this stick has a trackable number like other TBs, so therefore If you log it as visiting caches the distance travelled will show. The same as other trackables show the distance. I have a TB which stays with me. So far it has logged 194808.5 kms. Oh, and 3215 photographs.

Edited by Goldenwattle

So the best way is to mark it as non collectable. Since I would really like the distance traveled. What is the point to marking it as collectable than? 

I thought they would both do the samethings. Just one traveled with you or stayed put(collectable). TBs that travel with others were non collectable.

Thanks for the replies so far and for future responses. 

4 hours ago, SageAMunster said:

So the best way is to mark it as non collectable. Since I would really like the distance traveled. What is the point to marking it as collectable than? 

There's no value to marking it Collectible unless you're actively trying to get it into a Collection.  "Collectible" is the switch that allows the move to the Collection.  Place it into a Collection if it's basically to be out of the game, at least not going cache-to-cache, and therefore not cluttering an Inventory when you don't need it shown in the menu available to place into a cache.  Nor will it "Visit" a cache.

Anyway, it doesn't need to be Collectible, and certainly not in your Collection, if you want to visit caches with it.  Almost nobody should even mess with "Collectible" for many reasons.  In your case, the reason is, it's not being moved out of play into your Collection. :)

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1
On 12/30/2018 at 9:36 PM, kunarion said:

Place it into a Collection if it's basically to be out of the game, at least not going cache-to-cache, and therefore not cluttering an Inventory when you don't need it shown in the menu available to place into a cache.  Nor will it "Visit" a cache.

Wow, thanks for this little nugget, kunarion!  I've been trying to figure out "Collections" since I started caching nearly two years ago (still feel like a noob!) and basically just ignored it since I didn't really understand it.  However, I have two activated TB's that I just "have" - no mileage, as I don't visit them, one has been discovered at events and stuff, the other is my Mary Hyde TB that's just a tracking number, but I haven't done anything with it yet except to activate it.

So when I am logging, and visiting TB's to various caches, those two are always in the list, even tho I don't visit them.  I AM selective which of the TB's I carry get visits, but by placing them in a collection, they no longer show in the list!  That is very helpful to me!  And when/if I do decide to put them into play, I just move them out of the collection.  So simple, but this works for me!  And I think I actually "get" the benefit of making a TB collectible.

3 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

Wow, thanks for this little nugget, kunarion!  I've been trying to figure out "Collections" since I started caching nearly two years ago (still feel like a noob!) and basically just ignored it since I didn't really understand it.  However, I have two activated TB's that I just "have" - no mileage, as I don't visit them, one has been discovered at events and stuff, the other is my Mary Hyde TB that's just a tracking number, but I haven't done anything with it yet except to activate it.

So when I am logging, and visiting TB's to various caches, those two are always in the list, even tho I don't visit them.  I AM selective which of the TB's I carry get visits, but by placing them in a collection, they no longer show in the list!  That is very helpful to me!  And when/if I do decide to put them into play, I just move them out of the collection.  So simple, but this works for me!  And I think I actually "get" the benefit of making a TB collectible.

Cool! :D