"Your Public Profile"

Relating to the title ... have "they" broken that feature???

Opened mine up expecting to examine my stats ... a very truncated version appears.  Downloaded a PQ into "Mygeocachingprofile" in order to examine my stats.

I have used the "Public Profile" to determine whether an individual has completed requirements to log some of my challenges ... NO JOY IN Mudville this evening.

Anyone else notice this behavior / behaviour or am I the special one this week????? ??

I still see you. Well, at least I see you begin with 

0/06/06 Batteries go where ?? GEOCACHING ?? What is that ??

and end with the length of your Found It logs.   Is this what you expect to see?

But loading still pauses after the first 8 or so lines.

I've checked on Opera and IE. Can't try Firefox now as it has an bad effect on my memory and I'm in a hurry today so don't want my computer to have a hissyfit.

Hey humboldt flier!  Cameron here from mygeocachingprofile.com.  I took a look at your Public Profile, saw the truncated version, waited about 10 seconds, and then the whole rest of the profile loaded in.  I suspect that geocaching.com just takes a while to load in all the data and perhaps that process fails sometimes?  Your profile data does not contain any javascript, so that isn't a problem - seems to be a sporadic connection issue.  If the problem continues for you, I'd suggest contacting the geocaching.com folks and seeing if they have heard similar reports.  Wish I could be more help - good luck!

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, humboldt flier said:

I am baaaaaaaaackkkkkk:

I think they broke it yet again.   Profile is more truncated and the statistics page is devoid of much of what used to be there.

Time to go to "my geocaching profile" at least they are consistent.

I see lots of stats when I open your profile.  Nothing looks truncated except I can't see one Flickr photo.  Stats page looks normal too.

7 hours ago, icezebra11 said:

I see lots of stats when I open your profile.  Nothing looks truncated except I can't see one Flickr photo.  Stats page looks normal too.

Same here. I can see everything from the text list of milestone finds to the end of the mygeocachingprofile.com stats. I can't see anything obviously missing from the built-in stats page either.

@humboldt flier What browser are you using? When you say your profile is truncated, where does it stop for you?

8 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Same here. I can see everything from the text list of milestone finds to the end of the mygeocachingprofile.com stats. I can't see anything obviously missing from the built-in stats page either.

@humboldt flier What browser are you using? When you say your profile is truncated, where does it stop for you?

Hmmmmm,  Am using Safari and have been for years.

Last night (prior to running a my finds PQ  and letting it process through "mygeocaching profile" there was nothing after cache # 100 

This evening it is somewhat back memorable finds stops at 11,000 but at least the majority of my stats are there.

flick picts that are AWOL are picts of the souvies from the August Challenge some years ago.  >>>>>> that doesn't bother me ... I assumed that component went away because Flickr and Groundspeak are not doing the "Huggy Kissy Thing"

It is a real "chaper" to go to ones public profile and fining zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Could a profile "go sour" unless periodically refreshed through "mygeocachingprofile.com" 

I'm viewing it using Safari on my iPad and now that you point out the missing memorable finds, I don't see 12k and 13k either.  Is that section your own html or did you move it from its normal order?  I thought the standard milestones code in mygeocachingprofile would be down lower in your stats.  Could it be a code typo?

15 hours ago, humboldt flier said:

Last night (prior to running a my finds PQ  and letting it process through "mygeocaching profile" there was nothing after cache # 100 

This evening it is somewhat back memorable finds stops at 11,000 but at least the majority of my stats are there.

Just now, when I opened your profile again, the page initially loaded with everything down to and including the #100 line, and only after half a second did the rest of it load. Maybe something hung the previous time and the entire content just never loaded for you.

As for the milestones, those are just plain text. If you used to have more in that list beyond #11000, they must have been accidentally deleted at some point. When I look at the source code, they just aren't there.

• Helpful 1
11 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Just now, when I opened your profile again, the page initially loaded with everything down to and including the #100 line, and only after half a second did the rest of it load. Maybe something hung the previous time and the entire content just never loaded for you.

As for the milestones, those are just plain text. If you used to have more in that list beyond #11000, they must have been accidentally deleted at some point. When I look at the source code, they just aren't there.

I have never "fiddled" with any aspect of my profile therein lies my "Kornfusion" ... some randomness must be fouling the waters.

Howdy humboldt flier - Don't worry, your mygeocachingprofile images won't go "sour" unless you abandon the site for 5 years or so.  Sometimes I clean up really really old images from the site.  For what it's worth, I can see all your images on your public profile right now.  You have two different milestone listings.  One (further down the profile) is the one from mygeocachingprofile.com.  It's the one that is an image showing the cache type logo and everything.  It's showing all the way up to 13,600.  The text at the top of your profile is NOT from mygeocachingprofile.com.  It looks like just plain text entered into your profile sometime in the past.  That's not going to update automatically unless you edit your profile and manually type it in.  If you don't want to do that, you might just want to edit your profile and delete it out.  I hope this helps... if you need some assistance cleaning it up, always feel free to email me (contactus@mygeocachingprofile.com) and I'm happy to walk you through it!