Geocaching app not working ? please help

tango3

I have just got a new Samsung phone and trying installing the app. It has installed, well sort off.  No caches are coming up.  I've seen something about going into settings - Google play - installing caches but I'm scared to do this.  Anybody help as me and the dog really want to go out geocaching.  Thank you from a very untechy me 

Edited by tango3
20 hours ago, tango3 said:

I have just got a new Samsung phone and trying installing the app. It has installed, well sort off.  No caches are coming up.  I've seen something about going into settings - Google play - installing caches but I'm scared to do this.  Anybody help as me and the dog really want to go out geocaching.  Thank you from a very untechy me 

Nothing shows up on the map?

1 hour ago, tango3 said:

Hi.yes it is this app.  I have tried again and again but the caches just disappear plus I can't log into my account via the app.

What does the message say when it doesn't let you log into the app?  Is there any kind of message like "This username doesn't exist", or "that password doesn't match?" Any information is helpful.

On 12/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, tango3 said:

Hi.yes it is this app.  I have tried again and again but the caches just disappear plus I can't log into my account via the app.

The first obstacle you'll need to tackle is logging into your account.  You won't see any caches without first logging into the app.  When you tap on the green/white app icon, does your phone's screen will with a video and "log in" / "sign up" buttons on the bottom?

5 hours ago, pokethebear said:

Well, I am on android also, but haven't used my app for a long time. I get to filling in my username and password, click on "sign in", then get the message back that i " failed to connect to Geocaching .com". Only having this trouble on my phone, not at home.

Are you sure that you are using  THIS APP  and not the previous app that was retired almost 2 years ago.  From what you've described, it sound like you are still using the old app that no longer connects to geocaching.com  -  I would suggest uninstalling the app on your phone, and then installing the app that is linked in this post.