geocache been moved

shabono

1 hour ago, K13 said:

If you have it in your possession, hang on to it. If you left it on the roadside, that's ok too.  Please keep an eye on your geocaching account email in case the cache owner tries to contact you about the cache.

Have it in my possession, will await further instructions, this is quite exciting ? 

• Helpful 1

Since it hasn't already been mentioned, I'll just say that you can generally contact the Cache Owner (CO) directly yourself - in case a similar situation occurs in the future.  You do not have to come to the Forums, although you are certainly more than welcome to.

To contact another geocacher, you can click on their username at the top of the cache page - where it says "A cache by XXXXX XXXXX".  That will open up the Profile page of the cacher. You can then click on either "Send message" or "Send e-mail" to contact the cacher.

I'm not sure if you are planning to submit logs for caches, as it looks like you just created your account for this issue, but could submit a "Found It" log or "Write Note" log and then click on "Report a Problem".  This would create a log on the cache page and send an email to the CO.

• Helpful 1

Looking at the logs of this geocacher (last log Jan 16, 2017) and the fact he has trackable in his possession since July 16 2016, I'm afraid this geocacher is no longer active. So I don't think there will be any response. 

To shabono: welcome to the website and this great hobby! Thank you very much for taking time to try to solve the issue by visiting this forum. I agree with cerberus1 that you should sign the log and log a find on the website. And please also write a "needs maintenance" note on the specific geocache page explaining that you have the cache. If there is no response within 3 weeks (it is holiday time) you could then write a "needs archived" note.

You have a nice story now on how you found your very first geocache and I hope you'll continue to find geocaches and have lots of fun! 

• Helpful 1