View Own Unpublished Caches

colleda

3 minutes ago, colleda said:

I don't seem to be able to do that. When I put in a second coordinate I lose the first.

Right-click on the coordinates where they appear below the Search box, then click on "Save to My Places". That'll preserve the pin so you can then enter another set of coordinates. When you've finished with them, you can delete them all from "My Places".

GoogleEarthPin.jpg.c15165d0e2b73607058f144f321a5b7b.jpg

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Right-click on the coordinates where they appear below the Search box, then click on "Save to My Places". That'll preserve the pin so you can then enter another set of coordinates. When you've finished with them, you can delete them all from "My Places".

GoogleEarthPin.jpg.c15165d0e2b73607058f144f321a5b7b.jpg

This looks different to my Google map. No option "Save to My Places" that I can see.

This isn't  quite what you want, but the edit page of an unpublished cache will show you that cache as a green push pin, and red circles around the public coords of other published Trads and Multis in the area.  It will not show you other unpublished. 

To see all of your new Trads at once on the edit form map, create  a Multi-cache with the 3 (4) trads as posted  coords physical stages, final. All of them will show up on the edit page map, along with the public coords of published in the area.  That' map lacks detail, but it will show you the relationship between your new and the existing

I just did this for a set of Trads along a trail.  Once i was happy with what I was seeing, I archived that listing.

• Helpful 1

55 minutes ago, Isonzo Karst said:

This isn't  quite what you want, but the edit page of an unpublished cache will show you that cache as a green push pin, and red circles around the public coords of other published Trads and Multis in the area.  It will not show you other unpublished. 

To see all of your new Trads at once on the edit form map, create  a Multi-cache with the 3 (4) trads as posted  coords physical stages, final. All of them will show up on the edit page map, along with the public coords of published in the area.  That' map lacks detail, but it will show you the relationship between your new and the existing

I just did this for a set of Trads along a trail.  Once i was happy with what I was seeing, I archived that listing.

Thanks for that. I could see all the nearer caches but only one of the new ones. I was just curious but I can get along without having them all on the map at once. I do remember, a few years ago, taking some waypoints with my Garmin then placing them all at once on Google maps but I've forgotten how I did it and don't seem to be able to replicate it.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:02 AM, colleda said:

I have just finished drafts for three of four new caches I am placing. These will be additional to an existing series. How can I view a map of them relative to my existing caches before submitting for reviewing and publication?

I'm not sure if this would work or not, seeing as how they're unpublished.  Create a list with all of them in the series and then run a PQ to see the results in a map and/or a list.  I just don't know enough about unpublished caches to see if they'd be included in the results or not.

For a time you could bookmark your own unpublished,  and they'd return as gpx in a PQ, but no longer.  (If you made that list shared, others could PQ it as well). If you have an unpublished listing, try to bookmark it, you'll get a message: You can not bookmark an unapproved listing   (one of the few remaining places on the site where you'll see "approved/unapproved").

I still think the best bet using site functions is to create a multi-cache with all the trads as stages.  They'll all show up on the edit page, with the red circles for the other published caches near.

• Upvote 1

What I've been doing - using the coords of my unpublished caches to "correct coords" for caches in an area that I likely won't ever go to.  I can then see those caches as puzzle piece icons on the regular map.  This seems particularly helpful when placing multi/mystery caches, to see both the posted and final locations on the map.

I've just been playing with Google maps and found I can enter a coordinate then create a list then add others to the same list. Now I can see them all on the map at once.

A couple of years ago I was hiking around my son's 700 acre property in the Pilliga NSW and I took about 6 waypoints using my Etrex 20. When I got back to his house I was somehow able to enter these coordinates into Google maps on a tablet I took with me, I don't remember how I did it. Recently I have noticed that these same coordinates are now showing up on Google maps on my desktop. I have no idea how that could happen. Can anyone enlighten me?

Here's one. S31.083950 E149.375650 I didn't enter them using this format but I don't know how to change it to ddm.

14 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

Use this map:

https://flopp-caching.de/

change the language to English.  You can enter as many coordinates as you want and they will be visible on the map.

Quick option is to use "add multiple markers"

Use this link as a starter:

Colleda Geocache

MB

Thank you for the link and starter. One thing I noticed is that it shows some of my coordinates as being inside a National Park whereas Google maps shows them all as outside of the National Park. I may need to check what maps the reviewer is using.

20 hours ago, colleda said:

I've just checked the NSW National Park website and it shows NP boundaries same as Google maps. Logic tells me that reviewers would be referencing NP maps.

The NSW reviewer uses the NSW National Parks Estate Dataset Google Earth overlay kmz file. See the NSW Regional Wiki for a link to it. There are minor corrections made with each update (which is apparently supposed to happen every three months but the last one released by the state government was in June 2017) so it mightn't be quite in step with Google Maps.

Edited by barefootjeff