ETRex H Obsolete?

BigOpe

I've been happy with my old Etrex H, had to go shopping for drivers and cables when I moved up to Windows 8.1 but all good.  Just had to move to Windows 10 and latest (7.whatever) version of EasyGPS, same issues, won't talk to my vintage GPS for upload/download.  Anybody know if there are drivers and cables out there that will bring it back to life, as it is still working fine for my needs?

Spare me the lectures, by the way, about "join the 21st century."  I'm asking a simple question, as I'd like to stay with my current stuff until it dies, not for $$$ reasons, just because it gives me the enjoyment and challenge I want from our hobby.  Does anybody know for a certainty that the Etrex H/EasyGPS 7.???/Windows 10 configuration can be made to work?  If not I'm fine with spending a few bucks to upgrade, but I enjoy doing things the legacy way as long as I can.

It should work.  I still communicate with much older units.  You just need a suitable USB to serial cable.  There are many that work with Windows 10.  

Of course, you can get an Etrex 10 for $70, so you should weigh the money into a new adapter and the hassle plus you get a lot more useful caching features.