Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
fizzymagic

Maps broken. Again.

The map is misbehaving this week.  The caches appear but they cannot be clicked on.  Waiting for data to load does not help.  I regularly see this behavior in Firefox, but it's now doing this in Chrome, which to date has been much better.

Firefox  Chrome

Thanks fizzy, for starting this thread.  This morning I   can bring up a cache title with link to cache page exactly once, or not at all.

After that, nothing responds.  For a time I was seeing some new language under the +- zoom buttons in the upper right of the page - something like "list 115" - or words to that effect. Didn't grab a screen shot, and "list" may be wrong

Quick and dirty workaround for the moment:

"Just" use the new search!

Click onto the "Geocaching" text in the upper left. Search for something and on the results page just chose the new map for display! It gives you a clickable map then. Works different to the normal one, but at least you're able to do something as long as the normal one behaves wrong.

Please put back to old way.  New is not always better.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1

Win7 64bit, latest Firefox

When I open map, it works as expected ONLY when I am at zoom level 14 AND only for those caches that appear when I am centered on my home location at zoom level 16.  Other caches are not clickable at any zoom level.

I sure hope this in not a plan to force everyone to the new search/map experience!  The new deal doesn't work for me.

Maps are not working properly. Only a few caches are opening on the map. Lets fix this problem now.

Tampermonkey and greasemonkey scripts are broken on the new map

Edited by yxza
  • Helpful 1

Thanks for all the reports of the map malfunctioning. The engineers have been working on it, and it appears to be functioning again as expected. Please let us know if you continue to see issues.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, yxza said:

Tampermonkey and greasemonkey scripts are broken on the new map

That is a problem for the Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey script writers to fix. Expecting web sites never to change the structure of their markup to avoid breaking third-party scripts like this is unreasonable.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Thanks for all the reports of the map malfunctioning. The engineers have been working on it, and it appears to be functioning again as expected. Please let us know if you continue to see issues.

It is working as expected now. Thank you!!