Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
LizzyRN

new version of map

Recommended Posts

Hello, Is there a way to search for caches and limiting them to a chosen state or country? I am close to the Canadian border, both north and west, and would like to eliminate those caches. In the old search, that was an option. Am I simply overlooking that? When I click PLAY, then SEARCH, then the MAGNIFYING GLASS,  I don't find anything about location under FILTERS.  Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, LizzyRN said:

Hello, Is there a way to search for caches and limiting them to a chosen state or country? I am close to the Canadian border, both north and west, and would like to eliminate those caches. In the old search, that was an option. Am I simply overlooking that? When I click PLAY, then SEARCH, then the MAGNIFYING GLASS,  I don't find anything about location under FILTERS.  Thank you and Merry Christmas!

One of the filter options says "Limit search to city/state/country".

In the new search.

My bad. I was sure I was on the new search when I checked, but I wasnt. Sorry!!

Edited by Max and 99

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

One of the filter options says "Limit search to city/state/country".

In the new search

I used to have that in the previous version. I loved it! 

 

If I type in WASHINGTON under City, State, GC or Coordinates, I still get British Columbia caches. 

 

Thanks for the reply. Under FILTERS, I only have Size, Cache Type, Difficulty, Terrain, FPs, Not Found By, Has Corrected Coordinates, Cache Status, Name Contains and Hidden By.

I do not know if it matters, but I'm a Premium Member, using Chrome or Safari.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, LizzyRN said:

Hello, Is there a way to search for caches and limiting them to a chosen state or country? I am close to the Canadian border, both north and west, and would like to eliminate those caches. In the old search, that was an option. Am I simply overlooking that? When I click PLAY, then SEARCH, then the MAGNIFYING GLASS,  I don't find anything about location under FILTERS.  Thank you and Merry Christmas!

 

If you put in the state/country into the box at the top left of the search page, it'll limit the search to just the caches in that region. For example, here I've specified New South Wales (Australia) and it only shows caches south of the border with Queensland.

 

RegionSearch.jpg.46085fe0f0fa9368c2b34e4d513f36bc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

 

If you put in the state/country into the box at the top left of the search page, it'll limit the search to just the caches in that region. For example, here I've specified New South Wales (Australia) and it only shows caches south of the border with Queensland.

 

RegionSearch.jpg.46085fe0f0fa9368c2b34e4d513f36bc.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks. I continued to get Canadian caches even with the city and state. However I believe it is because I'm a) not clicking the magnifying glass after typing the city, or b) clicking Search This Area.  I appreciate the assistance!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

×