Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
COMC

PN60 firmware

My pn 60 is acting up like a software glitch.  It has firmware version 3.6.3554083.  Does anyone have this or a newer version so I can update my firmware?

If no one responds with firmware, you might want to contact Garmin.  They bought DeLorme back in 2016 and MAY have firmware available.  It's worth a shot.

Thanks.   Everything I have heard about the buyout has Garmin completely abandoning anything about Delorme except for the inreach. Oh well.  I do have version 3.6.2 on my HD.  I would like the latest though.  I had upgraded the firmware after I got the GPSr but have misplaced the newest version along the way.   My battery indicator never shows above 10% but keeps running until the unit shuts down, about 6 hours later with new batteries.   

On 12/24/2018 at 7:08 PM, COMC said:

My pn 60 is acting up like a software glitch.  It has firmware version 3.6.3554083.  Does anyone have this or a newer version so I can update my firmware?

I have that version on mine; however, I do not notice any resultant software glitches.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:34 AM, Capt. Bob said:

If your PNXX is displaying a date that ends in 1999 then a v3.6 firmware update will not correct that issue.  The problem is an End of Week (EOW) rollover and, as of now, neither Delorme nor Garmin intend to bring the PNXX into compliance. 

https://www.gps.gov/cgsic/meetings/2017/powers.pdf

As with all PNXX users, all current waypoints and tracks are recorded and saved with the 1999 date.  AFAIK, I do not see any resultant decrement in its functional capabilities.  However, for those that I wish to retain as gpx files, I use WordPad to simply change the date to 2018.

24 minutes ago, Capt. Bob said:

Looks like Garmin has released v3.7 to cure the 1999 EOW issue.  This updated firmware with replace v3.6.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=dXCDWk3aIZ3A0Ly9z8uym5

Garmin could just as easily not published any updates for these units and urged owners to 'update' to newer Garmin models, but they did not.

Kuddos to Garmin Customer Service!

• Upvote 1