Nearing 100

MattandLaura

Ok, now I know we haven't done it as fast as some but we are on 98 and was looking for that special must do cache for number 100. Keep in mind that my wife is 32 weeks along now. I am looking for a nice easier cache in a nice area that might take some time to do, but not alot of walking. She was able to do Quarry View, but I think that is about max. Anyone have an idea?

geosigbuscard.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MattandLaura:

Keep in mind that my wife is 32 weeks along now.

Are you guys delivering over at the Sunnyside Kaiser? We are due July 29th and on my next trip over I am going to scout out a place to put down a geo cache so that my wife, if shee needs to, can walk to it while doing that "longest walk" of labor thing.

OF course there is always the Mt Talbert cache to do that is close by but somehow I dont hink she is into that much of a hike.

Check out the geocaches we have done recently on our user page. Dawns done most of them. The last couple though she has been more into playing basestation in the vanicon_smile.gif-

----------------------------

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

quote:

Keep in mind that my wife is 32 weeks along now.

Are you guys delivering over at the Sunnyside Kaiser? We are due July 29th and on my next trip over I am going to scout out a place to put down a geo cache so that my wife, if shee needs to, can walk to it while doing that "longest walk" of labor thing.

OF course there is always the Mt Talbert cache to do that is close by but somehow I dont hink she is into that much of a hike.

Check out the geocaches we have done recently on our user page. Dawns done most of them. The last couple though she has been more into playing basestation in the van:)-

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

I think Bodoni's "Virginia" could be just what you're looking for: Not too strenuous but still fun and challenging.

WE did that one just yesterday.

Dawn (about 36 weeks in) got about 1/2 the way there and decided she better head back to the van. It was hot and humid and she knows best the limits she can push her muscles to. The kids and I finsihed the run and Dawn played basestation over the FRS.

We are planning on going back with the newborn once the weather cools down. Its a great cache.

-tom

TeamWSMF@wsmf.org

I was thinking of putting one out tomorrow, maybe I'll make it in honor of Matt&Laura's 100th. If they don't mind it being over here on the west side (beaverton/aloha) that is...

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[This message was edited by Gloom on July 01, 2002 at 05:21 PM.]

I definately can make it to anywhere. The 99th will be eastside up the Gorge area again since I love that area. Westside would be nice for the 100th. I finally have a boat available for use for The Government Duck that sits a top the page for closest to me, but Laura and small boats won't mix. Maybe I'll make that the 99th. Too many choices.

geosigbuscard.jpg

I just realized I'm sitting at 94 myself. And it only took me 20 months to get here! I've gotta be one of the oldest (geocaching age) and slowest cachers in the area.

I suppose I'll have to pick the next 6 carefully and at this rate, I'll likely hit #100 on my 2 year anniversary icon_smile.gif

-

I just realized I'm sitting at 94 myself. And it only took me 20 months to get here! I've gotta be one of the oldest (geocaching age) and slowest cachers in the area.

I suppose I'll have to pick the next 6 carefully and at this rate, I'll likely hit #100 on my 2 year anniversary icon_smile.gif

-

quote:

I finally have a boat available for use for The Government Duck that sits a top the page for closest to me

What say you and i utilize that there boat for a trip to "Raccoon Heaven." That one's been bothering me for quite some time, and i don't feel like paddling the two miles from the cache back to my car in the multnomah channel.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

I have a nice park picked out in Gresham. It would be best on my time if you arent planning on hitting the 100th till this weekend, but if you are itching to do it..let me know and I will put a rush on it.

Also I will be changing the lame-o Well cache to a multipoint.

Kane Clone and By the Creek will be archived as they both combined have not been hit in over 70 days.

let me see what I can do. The boat sits 4-5(so if anyone else wants to come let me know). It is one of those Seadoo boats. If my parents aren't using it, I'll shoot for Saturday. I'll do it for 99 and do Wayne's for 100(or vice versa). Thanks All.

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

quote:

I finally have a boat available for use for The Government Duck that sits a top the page for closest to me

What say you and i utilize that there boat for a trip to "Raccoon Heaven." That one's been bothering me for quite some time, and i don't feel like paddling the two miles from the cache back to my car in the multnomah channel.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

geosigbuscard.jpg

I managed to sneak out today while the children napped and clear 4 close caches off my list. Now I've got to follow Matt's lead and think about the next two. I'm fairly certain which will be #100, but it'll take some time (for me) to figure out icon_smile.gif

It's taken a long time getting here, but I must say, I prefer the slow, casual approach to geocaching.

-

I managed to sneak out today while the children napped and clear 4 close caches off my list. Now I've got to follow Matt's lead and think about the next two. I'm fairly certain which will be #100, but it'll take some time (for me) to figure out icon_smile.gif

It's taken a long time getting here, but I must say, I prefer the slow, casual approach to geocaching.

-