Testing new forums.. and posting a challenge to the locals for this evening!

fractal

Just checking out the posting features of the new forums.. Looks cool icon_cool.gif so far...

So.. on to the challenge... Tonight around 5:30ish, I will be at the following location:

N45 31.266

W122 41.016

I challenge all the local Geocachers to come and try to beat my score on Ms. Pac-Man icon_wink.gif

The winner can have my other ticket for tonights Blazer game... The seat is right next to me, and in the 300 level, so it's not like it's a real prize icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30ish

W 122° 58ish

I haven't played a Pac Man game for 15 years, so I've no doubt you'd whup my butt. I'm on baby duty this evening and I doubt the wife would appreciate me taking them out, then leaving them unattended whilst I play. Be sure and post the results of the contest icon_smile.gif

5505_600.gif

Final score:

fractal - 1

everyone who didn't show up - 0

Didn't see any Geocachers... Guess I could have given more notice... There were some other folks trying to beat my score... but they failed icon_biggrin.gif

I was actually thinking about how I could get away with having that spot listed as a virtual cache called "Top Score". Go there and get top score on any game to claim it as a find.

Think I could get away with doing that?

Oh.. and Blazers won.. it was a pretty high energy 4th quarter...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

I hope you invited the best of the _losers _to the game!

I would have, but there were no Geocachers in site icon_frown.gif

Like I said.. It was real short notice...

And... Much to my surprise, my Top Score cache got approved!...with an admin note icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

5:30ish, I will be at the following location:

N45 31.266

W122 41.016

Classic games eh? Twin Cobra? Red Baron? Battle Zone?. Of course, I will probably tank as I dont play some games very well. I even stink at pool, and I own my own table. icon_mad.gif

I may take your challenge....

Bodoni showed up.. Nice to meet him after exchanging many emails icon_smile.gif

So when are you not in school, oregone? I'll meet ya down there sometime...

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

[This message was edited by fractal on March 14, 2002 at 01:05 PM.]

Luckily, my last day of school was yesterday. But now it's finals week and that means my paper on John Elliot Ford's 'Tis Pity She's a Whore is due soon. Love the title, hate the play. Stupid Jacobeans.

But i am heading down to Top Score tonight for a few rounds of Dig Dug and more that a few rounds of IPA at the LowBrow Lounge. With most of the ex-girlfriends out of town on spring break, i'm a free boy.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:

Yeah... maybe on Wednesday in the evening... Sound good?

It sounds good, but I dont get off work until 7:20pm. I work Inhell hours. During your last Top Score meeting, I got totally wet/muddy from scouting a new cache site, and didnt want to look like some waste-oid to everyone. I have got to learn to wear something besides a tee-shirt and jeans. Plus, I gotta start decrypting "Contact" again. Watched the movie, and I will put the clues together soon.

-C

quote:
Originally posted by soup:

quote:

Yeah... maybe on Wednesday in the evening... Sound good?

It sounds good, but I dont get off work until 7:20pm. I work Inhell hours.

-C

Ok.. how about in the evening on Wednesday... 8ish? I'll just be a block down having margaritas while I wait icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:

Ok.. how about in the evening on Wednesday... 8ish? I'll just be a block down having margaritas while I wait

Ha! You might use these margaritas to give you super gaming powers. I know I always play a "little" better after a drink. At least I think I do icon_razz.gif 8ish sounds great! Save a 'rita for me.

-C

quote:
Originally posted by LaurenCat:

fractal, how do you feel about southern californians? i may be there.

Kitten!

I have nothing against anyone there.. as long as you bring a few quarters icon_wink.gif

Hope to see ya this evening!

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

Are you guys up to finding Technician's new "After Dark" cache tonight after 'ritas and video games?

Well.. I'm taking MAX into downtown from Hillsboro tonight... If the MAX goes straight to the cache, then yeah! icon_wink.gif Unless people are offering rides to the cache and back icon_wink.gif

-fractal

Oh.. and I just put a new cache out:

ESP

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

Are you guys up to finding Technician's new "After Dark" cache tonight after 'ritas and video games?

Is this location muddy?? That will determine the vehicle I bring I will go for it! Fractal, I can give you a ride as you and I live in the same area (Aloha, Hillsburrito.. no difference)

It will be fun to kick all yer butts on pacman!!

-C

quote:

Oh.. and I just put a new cache out:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=17363

Fractal, I just drove past that park today (close to my work), and I was SERIOUSLY thinking of placing a cache there. It was in my mind all day about where to place one, since I scouted the park a few months ago.

Then out of the blue, you post the ESP cache there. Spooky. You are reading my mind.

I am familiar with 5 of the 6 spots there. I have an idea where it might be.. Didnt know you placed one there earlier. Weird.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LaurenCat:

fractal, how do you feel about southern californians? i may be there.

Kitten!

I have nothing against anyone there.. as long as you bring a few quarters icon_wink.gif

Hope to see ya this evening!

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

We allready know how he feels about Northern Californian's? icon_smile.gif Very nice time....

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

1240 plus miles and only 8 caches?