Visits to waymark deleted

The Snowdog

There's a waymark in the "Bloggers" category (WMVZQQ) that I've visited twice - and on both occasions my visits were deleted. The waymark page currently shows no visits at all in the log, other than by the WM owner in 2017, but does show a "date of last visit" which is just a few days old. Since most WMs in this category get lots of visits, it appears that the WM owner just deletes them all! Anyone know anything about this?

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, The Snowdog said:

There's a waymark in the "Bloggers" category (WMVZQQ) that I've visited twice - and on both occasions my visits were deleted. The waymark page currently shows no visits at all in the log, other than by the WM owner in 2017, but does show a "date of last visit" which is just a few days old. Since most WMs in this category get lots of visits, it appears that the WM owner just deletes them all! Anyone know anything about this?

That's interesting, considering it's so easy to prove you visited!

Things have certainly changed here. Years ago, as relative neophyte Waymarkers, we posted a blog that we liked, only to have it declined because "This is not YOUR blog". So we posted our own blog and, naturally, it was accepted. I see that now, however, one may post any old blog. Some Waymarkers have posted multiple blogs in recent times. Now I don't see the point of the category at all!

I don't know if the requirements, as spelled out, have changed, but there's no explicit restriction on what may be submitted here.

Keith

6 hours ago, The Snowdog said:

Although it's really none of our business, just out of curiosity, if you feel like sharing your visit log, that might shed some light. Probably not, though! ?

Dang! Must have had something highlighted when I clicked "New Post". How do you delete an unfinished post?

Anyhow - we know of one other person who has experienced the same with the same Waymark owner. Has anyone else here experienced this with this Waymark owner?

Keith

EDIT: And now it's GONE! AWRIGHT!!! Thanks Andreas.

Edited by BK-Hunters
  • Upvote 1
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, BK-Hunters said:

Dang! Must have had something highlighted when I clicked "New Post". How do you delete an unfinished post?

If you have a quotation in your post, that you don't want, you can move the mouse over it, and a big + will appear in the top left corner of it. If you click on that, you select the entire quotation and a hit on the Del key will remove it. Not sure, if that's what you were asking, but if not, just ignore me. :-)

As far as the Bloggers category: I have only posted one and visited one. That's enough for me. :-)

I need to get my end of year stats posted, but here's my Waymarking blog - WMH5J6 - of which I am more than happy for people to visit, peruse, and mark as visit for Waymarking purposes.  Next year's entries SHOULD include trips along the northern portion of the Great River Road, and hopefully, to the Great Five of Utah.  Should make for lots of visits and waymarks.
Happy New Year to all of my Waymarking friends!

Visited the Blog in question ... indeed one logged visit (CO).  Maybe he doesn't like to share stuff not related to Waymarking. Didn't weven bother to log a 'read it' comment.

I too have a blog in French to visit and peruse through ... be my guest. ( Le Géo-blog de Jacques) 

Waymark on and Happy New Year!

Jacques

Edited by Loonwatcher
4 hours ago, The Snowdog said:

He messaged me back and says that he requires a screen shot that proves that you perused the blog. I replied and said that if that's his requirement that he ought to say that in the posting requirements. 

Since when are we allowed to create our own waymark visit requirements?

Cuz I got ideas. ??

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1