Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
geo K

Filters Question

I'm looking at the new/old  FILTERS  implementation. It seems to work for me. It is different and hard to find if

you're not a techie and don't read the forums, but I feel it can be used. I was concerned at 1st when I was trying

not to see my Finds (a change?) but then I figured that out.

What I'm trying to do now is to not see caches placed by another cacher, my wife. She has placed over 100 caches near where

we live. I don't think I should be finding them as I helped hide some of them. They make it hard for me to find other caches near where I live.

Are there any suggestions?

48 minutes ago, geo K said:

I'm looking at the new/old  FILTERS  implementation. It seems to work for me. It is different and hard to find if

you're not a techie and don't read the forums, but I feel it can be used. I was concerned at 1st when I was trying

not to see my Finds (a change?) but then I figured that out.

What I'm trying to do now is to not see caches placed by another cacher, my wife. She has placed over 100 caches near where

we live. I don't think I should be finding them as I helped hide some of them. They make it hard for me to find other caches near where I live.

Are there any suggestions?

Put the caches you want to ignore on your Ignore List?

• Upvote 2

That is an excellent suggestion. Sometimes though I need to see them. E.G., if I am doing maintenance on these caches I need to see them from my phones G/C app.

It looks like the Ignore List is not a true List since it is listed below the other Lists and can only be viewed.

I do have another List of the 100+ caches.

• What would happen to that List.
  • Is there a way to transfer the list I have to the Ignore List and later transfer it back?

Thanks for the Help

49 minutes ago, geo K said:

That is an excellent suggestion. Sometimes though I need to see them. E.G., if I am doing maintenance on these caches I need to see them from my phones G/C app.

It looks like the Ignore List is not a true List since it is listed below the other Lists and can only be viewed.

I do have another List of the 100+ caches.

• What would happen to that List.
  • Is there a way to transfer the list I have to the Ignore List and later transfer it back?

Thanks for the Help

How about when you want to do a maintenance run you can run a pocket query on the Ignore List. Then it'll show up as a List on the app.

You can delete it when you are done.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 1

However, I can't figure out how to delete the PQ from my app. I thought it was a good idea until then.

Update: thru trial and error I managed to delete the PQ but got a message saying it will remain on the list until (tomorrow). So tomorrow I can confirm the list is removed from the app. So maybe this will work!

Edited by Max and 99

Again thanks for the help. I was hoping for something a little simpler, but it looks like this will work.