Souvenirs not Syncing on Android App

Catto Family

I qualified for the latest souvenir a few days ago. This has appeared on my online account but has not appeared on the Android phone app. Whilst looking for it I also noticed that the USA souvenir issued last week also hasn't synced across to the phone app but does appear online. I decided to log out of my app and back in and now I have no souvenirs showing. Is there a known issue with souvenir syncing? This seems to have started recently ? after the latest release. 

When reporting problems with the app, it usually helps to mention the app version and Android version in your post.  I had a problem with souvenirs not showing on my app a few weeks ago, but that issue has resolved itself with more recent releases.

My app is currently 7.2

Android version is 8.0

Note that the app shows souvenirs in order of acquisition, so you'll have to scroll a bit in the app to find it.  It will not be at the top, but instead toward the bottom for December 2012.

Version 7.2.0
Android 8.0.0

I've been having this problem since about mid-October 2018. All my souvenirs received up until then show in the app. I qualify for the souvenir and it shows up in my account when using the browser version, but any attempt to refresh the souvenirs on the app just results in spinning refresh icon. Today I uninstalled and reinstalled the recent version and now none of my souvenirs show in the app. 

On 12/18/2018 at 5:13 AM, Catto Family said:

I qualified for the latest souvenir a few days ago. This has appeared on my online account but has not appeared on the Android phone app. Whilst looking for it I also noticed that the USA souvenir issued last week also hasn't synced across to the phone app but does appear online. I decided to log out of my app and back in and now I have no souvenirs showing. Is there a known issue with souvenir syncing? This seems to have started recently ? after the latest release. 

On 12/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, noncentric said:

When reporting problems with the app, it usually helps to mention the app version and Android version in your post.  I had a problem with souvenirs not showing on my app a few weeks ago, but that issue has resolved itself with more recent releases.

My app is currently 7.2

Android version is 8.0

Note that the app shows souvenirs in order of acquisition, so you'll have to scroll a bit in the app to find it.  It will not be at the top, but instead toward the bottom for December 2012.

On 12/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, sialis said:

I'm having the same issue

On 12/31/2018 at 2:19 PM, Lynx Humble said:

I also have this issue the app never awarded the souvenir for today but it is online.

App 7.2

Android 8.0

On 1/1/2019 at 8:05 PM, TeamHandM said:

Version 7.2.0
Android 8.0.0

I've been having this problem since about mid-October 2018. All my souvenirs received up until then show in the app. I qualify for the souvenir and it shows up in my account when using the browser version, but any attempt to refresh the souvenirs on the app just results in spinning refresh icon. Today I uninstalled and reinstalled the recent version and now none of my souvenirs show in the app. 

On 1/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, sablekat1353 said:

We have two android phones and after attempts to refresh, no souvenirs show on Version 7.2.0

Thanks for all your reports on problems with the list of souvenirs in the app. We released some changes in 7.3.0 and additional changes in 7.4.0 that we're hoping will fix the souvenir sync issues. 7.3.0 is currently available to all users and 7.4.0 should be available to all users by the end of this week.

Have any of you updated to app version 7.3.0 or 7.4.0? If so, are you still experiencing problems with the souvenirs list in the app?

Thanks in advance for any updates!

On 1/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, Ben H said:

Thanks for all your reports on problems with the list of souvenirs in the app. We released some changes in 7.3.0 and additional changes in 7.4.0 that we're hoping will fix the souvenir sync issues. 7.3.0 is currently available to all users and 7.4.0 should be available to all users by the end of this week.

Have any of you updated to app version 7.3.0 or 7.4.0? If so, are you still experiencing problems with the souvenirs list in the app?

Thanks in advance for any updates!

I'm on version 7.7.0 and my souvenirs still aren't synching. In fact, neither my old or new souvenirs show up in the app anymore. :( This has really gone on far too long. Is there any fix in sight? 

Version 7.7.0
Android 8.0.0
samsung SM-G930W8

I have the same problem als #1. My new "carnival" souvenirs never showed up in the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled it yesterday and now neither my old or new souvenirs show up. It's not possible to refresh the page either, endlessly spinning refresh item.

Version: 7.8.0

Android: 8.0.0

samsung SM-G930F (Galaxy S7)

On 3/31/2019 at 2:46 AM, Hauptstadtrose said:

Version: 7.8.0

Android: 8.0.0

samsung SM-G930F (Galaxy S7)

I have the same versions and phone, and the souvenirs are working for me.  Even the new Carnival souvenirs show up in the app.  I can only imagine the difficulty in fixing these types of bugs when it's only a problem for some users using the same equipment.

Its Jan 1, 2020 and reading some of the posts that date back to December 2018 it seems this problem of Souvenirs not showing up on the android app is still an ongoing problem. As of today it's been about over a year for me and still nothing has shown up on my app. I have reinstalled the app many times and the help center has responded to my inquires on this issue which I appreciate and it's nice to know that they are aware of it.

My souvenirs do show up on the official website but I do worry about the future of the game through the android app. Especially for those new to the game who dont know yet where to look and who are expecting a certain Souvenir and if nothing shows up it could be discouraging. We all love this game and I will continue to show friends and new ones how to play but in the meantime if anyone finds a fix let me know. 

I am also having the issue where souvenirs are not showing up on my Android app. The very first one I received displayed, but not of the others, though they appear fine on the desktop version. This has happened since I started geocaching at Christmas last year (2019). I updated the app today but it made not difference. Thought I'd logout and log back in again and now I have no souvenirs displaying in the Android app.

I am using:

Geocaching app version 8.17.1

Android version 8.0.0

samsung SM-G930F

The most frustrating thing is that my partner has the same phone, the same version, and yet all the souvenirs are showing for her, including today's Leap Day souvenir. I hope this can be sorted soon?

On 2/28/2020 at 7:17 PM, jo9ty said:

I am also having the issue where souvenirs are not showing up on my Android app. The very first one I received displayed, but not of the others, though they appear fine on the desktop version. This has happened since I started geocaching at Christmas last year (2019). I updated the app today but it made not difference. Thought I'd logout and log back in again and now I have no souvenirs displaying in the Android app.

I am using:

Geocaching app version 8.17.1

Android version 8.0.0

samsung SM-G930F

The most frustrating thing is that my partner has the same phone, the same version, and yet all the souvenirs are showing for her, including today's Leap Day souvenir. I hope this can be sorted soon?

That is odd that hers would show up and yours not show up!  I haven't ever had a problem with the souvenirs showing up on the app, they are all there.  It seems that for some reason, the app and the website are not syncing for you but I have no idea why.  Poor signal?  Wifi vs network signal?  Data bottleneck?  I'm just guessing hoping it might jog something for someone else ...