Logging into fake caches

Alke04

19 minutes ago, dprovan said:

I would change my find to a note if the CO asked me to, but I wouldn't do it on principle.

Especially since, in the current case, the CO had intentionally allowed misleading information about the cache to remain on the site.  By not disabling the cache, the CO was, in effect, making the statement that the container was still present, despite having had multiple reports that it was not.  Deleting the logs on the throwdown would be churlish.

• Upvote 4
On 12/23/2018 at 10:40 PM, rapotek said:

As for a "litter" definition - imagine there is a CITO in a terrain where a cache is placed with a throwdown. When cachers, who have found the real cache earlier, encounter the throwdown they can treat it as litter because they know how the real cache looked and where exactly it was placed and there is no information in cache listing about any serious changes.

Interesting. It's as if you dont think its possible there are other geocache listing sites or other location based games!

• Upvote 1
On 12/23/2018 at 10:40 PM, rapotek said:

Taking these two quotes above, I assumed that the sequence could be like I listed before. But if a cache owner did not accept the throwdown as the real cache AND you knew it was a throwdown after you "found" it, conclusion is the same.

You're still adding more into the scenario in your attempt to appear more pious than I. Who said the cache owner did not accept the throwdown? Perhaps, and this is more often the case in my experience, the cache owner doesnt care if a throwdown has occurred because they just want there to be a cache to find at the spot and it saves them a trip out into the wilderness to replace it themselves.

As for throw downs the CO doesnt or wouldn't accept if they knew about them, I expect we've all found some of them and are blissfully unaware.

Anyway back OT, this topic is all about a CO who knows theres a throwdown, doesnt like it but also cant be bothered doing anything about it, just wants to get angry at people visiting their "cache site"...

Edited by funkymunkyzone