Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
noncentric

Adventure Lab - new app for Lab Caches

Surprised that no one else has yet mentioned the new app for Lab Caches:  Adventure Lab   (iOS / Android)

One thing I think is notable - Location Validation.  Cachers have to be within a predefined radius of the lab cache in order to log it.  I hope the lab cache builders will keep the cell service availability in mind when they set the "predefined radius", especially considering that not all providers are yet the same.

The Linear Gameplay aspect also sounds interesting.

I just downloaded the app yesterday and was also wondering if anyone has used it yet.  Looks pretty cool and I also like the idea of location validation.  However, I'm worried about those old timers who still do not have a smart phone (or limited data) and would normally log the lab caches at home.  Unless I am reading that incorrectly they are going to be left in the dust. 

Posted (edited)

I'm wonder how it will work at ASP GeoBash, which is notorious for bad cell service.

Edited by igator210

On 12/27/2018 at 9:57 PM, Twinklekitkat said:

I just downloaded the app yesterday and was also wondering if anyone has used it yet.  Looks pretty cool and I also like the idea of location validation.  However, I'm worried about those old timers who still do not have a smart phone (or limited data) and would normally log the lab caches at home.  Unless I am reading that incorrectly they are going to be left in the dust. 

Borrow someone else's phone and log in under their own account, perhaps?

Just downloaded this app today. Don’t know when I will get to use it.