New map with filter function does not work

Sakletarna

PLEASE give us back the old filter function which provided a list which in a second step could be mapped. With that function I could get a list of e.g all caches whose name contains a certain word, regardless of where they are located. Now I only get (some of) the caches in my vicinity on a grey map showing no map details.

11 minutes ago, Sakletarna said:

PLEASE give us back the old filter function which provided a list which in a second step could be mapped. With that function I could get a list of e.g all caches whose name contains a certain word, regardless of where they are located. Now I only get (some of) the caches in my vicinity on a grey map showing no map details.

You may want to switch back to the old map. Click on "What's this?" At the top of the map and follow the directions. It's easy to do, and you can switch back to the new map anytime.

Does that work for you?

3 minutes ago, Sakletarna said:

I'm on the homepage and don't even know how to get a new map from which I can try to switch back  ...

Under "play" search for something. Then you should see "What's this" at the top of the map. Then "learn more". That's where you can opt out of the new map. 

Edited by Max and 99

So to be able to search for a GC-code I have to know a GC-code - sounds a bit like Catch 22 … Anyway, I looked up a GC-code, then clicked on Geocaching.com Map and got a map with the old layout, i.e no option to opt out to the old filter function. Sorry, but I don't understand how to do this.

5 minutes ago, Sakletarna said:

So to be able to search for a GC-code I have to know a GC-code - sounds a bit like Catch 22 … Anyway, I looked up a GC-code, then clicked on Geocaching.com Map and got a map with the old layout, i.e no option to opt out to the old filter function. Sorry, but I don't understand how to do this.

You can search by any of the filters on the left side of the new map.

OR

Click on "What's this?" to go to the old map search.