How do I become a volunteer?

zinabenchouikh

I fell in love with the concept of this game, but unfortunately, there are almost no caches in my country, maybe 4 in total... So I can't play. It's sad because the game looks like a lot of fun. So, in order to introduce the game to more poeple here who I'm sure will love it but just never heard of it, I would like to become a volunteer, hide the few first caches and introduce the game to more people... How can I achieve that?

You can do all that without becoming a reviewer or other "official" volunteer.

Volunteers (reviewers, moderators, etc.) are all experienced geocachers who have demonstrated a passion and knowledge of geocaching. They're usually involved in their local communities, promoting geocaching. Then they're asked to become volunteers rather than applying. It's a "don't call us; we'll call you" setup. :)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, zinabenchouikh said:

I fell in love with the concept of this game, but unfortunately, there are almost no caches in my country, maybe 4 in total... So I can't play. It's sad because the game looks like a lot of fun. So, in order to introduce the game to more poeple here who I'm sure will love it but just never heard of it, I would like to become a volunteer, hide the few first caches and introduce the game to more people... How can I achieve that?

If there are no caches around your area, just start hiding! Not very quickly, 2 or 3 at interesting spots would be great for beginning. Make sure to read the guidelines first to avoid newbie mistakes and choose solid container & safe hideout with small traffic of people, to minimize needs for maintenance. 

Algeria is not North Korea, there are quite many people traveling and they would love if there would be someone creating and maintaining caches for tourists. You can also help travelers with maintaining their caches as co owner.

And definitely the best would be if you introduce the game to your friends and family, so you can start hiding caches for each other. That's how the game starts and spreads, actually it is very exciting to be at the beginning. You can become father founder for future community ??

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2