Goals For 2019

TwistedCube

It is a benchmark year for me. Literally, finding benchmarks are my main goals.

1. Complete and find the Jack Rabbit Challenge Trail Benchmark Series:

1. 250 BMs - Completed
  2. 500 BMs -
  3. 50 BMs in a Day -
  4. 15 Landmark BMs - Completed
  5. Five 25 BM Days -
  6. 100 Years of BMs -
  7. Alphabet BMs - Completed
  8. Altitude BMs -

2. Complete the 50% Well Rounded Difficulty/Terrain Day Challenge -

3. Complete the San Luis Obispo County Quadrangle UnChallenge -

You can click the links at www.elrojo14.com

Well, it's June, and my annual appraisal is due.  Rather than complete my support form, I'd rather procrastinate and do a progress check here.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:59 AM, hzoi said:

One of my goals is to get my daughter interested in going geocaching with me again.  :signalviolin:  Not an easy task, since few caches around here have kid-friendly swag, and she's all about finding toys.  Maybe I should just start pocketing swag and throw some in before I let her look inside.

Still working on this.  She's 5 and finicky.  But we've had several good outings.  It helps that she knows this is good for a Daisy scout badge.

- Add 2+ countries to our list

We visited Latvia last month, and we have some possibilities in mind for the second half of the year.  Cyprus, maybe?  Now that we've been to Latvia and Estonia, I would like to go to Lithuania to collect the set, but I'd rather see some different places before coming back to the Baltic states.

- Fill in Landkreise (county) maps for Hessen and Rheinland-Pfalz

No progress.  Need three for R-P and four for Hessen, and we haven't gotten any closer since December.  But we've almost filled in Saarland (5 of 6)...

- Log GC40 before @on4bam :laughing:

done!

- Make our Europe map more colorful with more finds in neighboring countries -- too much orange and yellow right now.  Needs more blue and green, I think. 

So far so good.  Did shake up the numbers a little on the low end to get red on the map as well, since we're never going to just find one cache in a country if we can help it.  

Last year:

Capture.JPG.82269b6888a6602e8c072502e606

Current:

Capture.JPG

Edited by hzoi

Thanks for bumping this thread hzoi - it's a good reminder of goals set, and helpful to get "back on track" if we've gotten derailed a bit.  My 2019 goals were:

On 12/18/2018 at 6:09 PM, CAVinoGal said:
  • Complete the 400+ streak challenge  - GC44V51 (2018 goal was a cache a day, so once I complete that, I'll only have another month to go to get this challenge complete!) YES! We completed this with 404 days, which seemed like an appropriate # of consecutive days have a find before our "Cache Not Found" day.
  • Hide a cache a month (or more) to give back to those who hid enough to keep our 2018 streak going.  So far I only have 5 hides, focus for 2019 will be hiding instead of finding.  I want to do some puzzles and quality traditionals. I've missed the one a month bit, but have hidden 6 since I set this goal, one in Dec. 2018, one in January, one in April, and 3 in May, with a couple more in the works. I've also helped hubby place a couple, so I guess that counts too!
  • Find my 2000th geocache  I'll have to work to get this one - I have 400 to go with less than half the year.  Due to life in general, geocaching has taken a backseat for the past couple of months, but I hope to get out and do some hiking this summer, finding caches along the way.  We have some travel planned too - new areas to explore!
  • Avoid poison oak - I had 4 breakouts over the course of 2018 - so I need to be more aware of my surroundings and avoid all P.O. as I seem to be quite sensitive to it. So far, so good.  I've seen it around but have managed to avoid gettng any on me!
  • Enjoy Geocaching!  For me, that's a given, when I do get out and find some!  Or hide some.  It's more work to hide - and maintain, but I enjoy that aspect as well.  

So, at this point in the year, I need to hide more, and find more.  Let's go!!

Edited by CAVinoGal
Spelling corrections

My mid-year status check:

1. To find at least 250 "Challenge Caches" (212 so far).  I'm up to 227 challenge caches logged now.
2. Complete the Ohio History Challenge (28 old school caches down, 14 to go).  I'm up to 30 finds (12 to go) for this tough challenge cache.  All but one are in southwest Ohio, where I visit monthly.

3. Complete the Ohio 360 Degree Challenge (245 degrees cached, 115 to go).  Due to several carefully planned "degree caching trips," I'm up to 338 degrees completed, with just 22 left to find during a planned trip to fabulous Lima, Ohio and surrounding countryside.  Hampton Inn is the official sponsor of my efforts to log this difficult challenge, as I don't live in Ohio.
4. To find caches in contiguous counties from the Atlantic to the Pacific coast (8 counties to go).  No change.  Trip to Colorado & Utah is planned for next year.
5. To find caches in contiguous counties from the US northern border to southern border (13 counties to go). No change, but a trip this fall will get me closer by driving from Pittsburgh to Arkansas.
6. To log at least 2 finds on each of the 81 Terrain & Difficulty Star combinations ("Double Fizzy" - 5 grids left).  No change, but a kayaking trip is in the planning stages.
7. To find at least two caches hidden in each month since May 2000 ("Double Jasmer" - 4 months left).  No change; still need a second cache in four Year 2000 months.
8. To find caches in all 50 US states and DC (46 down, 5 to go).  No change.  Alaska, Hawaii, the Dakotas and Minnesota remain virgin caching territory.
9. To find 360 virtual caches (266 down, 94 to go).  I'm up to 269 ghosts on my profile.  Looking forward to the v2.0 virtuals!
10. To find 150 letterbox hybrid caches (110 down, 40 to go).  I'm now up to 117 letterbox hybrid finds, 33 caches away from my goal.

Back in January I wrote:

One of the things that appeals to me about geocaching is its spontaneity; a lot of my caching is a spur-of-the-moment thing, particularly now that I'm retired and don't have schedules to work it into. Setting goals kind of runs counter to that, and while there are certainly caches on my must-do-sometime list, their timing is left to when a suitable opportunity arises. That said, I'm currently sitting on 951 finds so hopefully sometime in the new year I'll reach the 1000 milestone. There are a couple of high terrain caches I'm considering for that one, but a lot will depend on how quickly I can recover from my recent knee injury, so when the time comes it'll probably just be another of those spur-of-the-moment decisions.

Glad to say my knee did recover and I was able to get to my originally-planned T4.5 for my 1000th find last month (GC5E7A3), a 7-hour hike there and back in the company of an excellent support crew.

DSC_0011_small.jpg.f2d606ae66a04d7166a7aa4d2a4a26f7.jpg

For the rest of this year, there's still a bunch of geoart puzzles in the Watagan Mountains from last year's Oz Geomuster mega that I've yet to work through, some new multis of my own I'm working on (will be submitting one today) and also make a bit more of a dent in that must-do-sometime list.

Mid-year Progress Report 

~ Get to 1000 finds - Just hit 900, only 100 left to go! Planning on making GCHQ my 1000th find.

~ Hide at least a cache a month - I was oh-so close, but I did not hide a cache in the month of April.

~ Cache in at least one new state - I am going to Portland, OR, and Seattle, WA in August, so that'll be 2 new states! 

~ Find a kayak cache - Planning on doing so this summer while it's hot outside. A few of the water caches in my area can be done by swimming, so I may do that unless I somehow am able to acquire a kayak in the next 3 months.

~ Make new memories (Still in progress)

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

Back in January I wrote:

Glad to say my knee did recover and I was able to get to my originally-planned T4.5 for my 1000th find last month (GC5E7A3), a 7-hour hike there and back in the company of an excellent support crew.

DSC_0011_small.jpg.f2d606ae66a04d7166a7aa4d2a4a26f7.jpg

For the rest of this year, there's still a bunch of geoart puzzles in the Watagan Mountains from last year's Oz Geomuster mega that I've yet to work through, some new multis of my own I'm working on (will be submitting one today) and also make a bit more of a dent in that must-do-sometime list.

Good luck with the Watagan puzzles. There's about 80 of them and I've only been able to solve less than a dozen. The car got scratched up a lot getting to some of them.

I didn't post any 2019 goals at the start of the year, but now realize I'm pushing hard on Double Jasmer. A couple of trips upcoming will hopefully net all but one needed find. 

The last find I could get with a July trip to Richmond VA  ( a lot family will be there at that time) and because when you live in Florida, the Humidity State, and want OUT of the long hot summer, Richmond Virginia  is the first place that comes to mind B). Maybe not quite as sexy as Lima Ohio.   But a lot closer to a cache placed in December 2000.

1 hour ago, hzoi said:
18 hours ago, The Leprechauns said:

fabulous Lima, Ohio

The only thing I know about Lima is that Congress keeps making the Army buy tanks there.  Hopefully there's more going on than just the plant.

Lima was the setting for "Glee," the Fox musical comedy TV series that ran from 2009 to 2015.  

glee-s4-xl-01.jpg?w=800&ssl=1

I'm amazed that there are no caches in the area which commemorate the show and its fictional William McKinley High School.  There is, however, a cache series hidden by the Lima Convention and Visitors Bureau.  Yes, that's a thing.  There's also a cache-friendly local park system and an active local caching group that holds monthly meet and greets.  In nearby Wapakoneta, there's one of the most epic caches in the entire State of Ohio:  Mocopulence, with 380 favorite points.  THAT is the way to color in a missing degree, grid or county for a challenge cache.  Wapakoneta is also the birthplace of Neil Armstrong, and there's a museum there about the Apollo program.  Caches commemorate this and many other spots relating to Armstrong.  The county has a healthy covering of cemetery caches in the "Spirit Quest" series.

Which all goes to show, geocachers are able to discover the cool spots to visit anywhere in the world, thanks to the caches placed by local hiders to bring us there.  Even in Lima, Ohio.  I'm looking forward to my visit there.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, The Leprechauns said:

In nearby Wapakoneta, there's one of the most epic caches in the entire State of Ohio:  Mocopulence, with 380 favorite points.  THAT is the way to color in a missing degree, grid or county for a challenge cache.

That does look pretty cool.  Enjoy your visit.  And if you're in the market for a tank and they offer factory direct prices, I recommend the M1A2, it has all the latest bells and whistles.

Edited by hzoi
  • Funny 1
On 6/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, TwistedCube said:

Mid-year Progress Report 

~ Get to 1000 finds - Just hit 900, only 100 left to go! Planning on making GCHQ my 1000th find.

~ Hide at least a cache a month - I was oh-so close, but I did not hide a cache in the month of April.

~ Cache in at least one new state - I am going to Portland, OR, and Seattle, WA in August, so that'll be 2 new states! 

~ Find a kayak cache - Planning on doing so this summer while it's hot outside. A few of the water caches in my area can be done by swimming, so I may do that unless I somehow am able to acquire a kayak in the next 3 months.

~ Make new memories (Still in progress)

There are several places to rent a kayak in the Houston area and there are 8 caches designed just for kayaks (per the listings) in Buffalo Run Park.

One of my local parks here in South Jersey rents kayaks on the weekend and just shy of ten years ago we used that to find some Fizzy blocks. Susancycle, who is not a fan of sailing like I am, took to kayaking like the proverbial fish takes to water. Within a month we had purchased kayaks and now we have over 300 paddle-to to our credit. Give it a try! 

It's kind of like the old saying about fishing: First you want to catch fish. Then you want to catch the most fish. Then you want to catch the biggest fish. Then you want to catch the most difficult fish.

I don't think that I am up to "the most difficult cache" yet, but for 2019, I am swearing off nanos. Just not going to bother with them. I found an actual ammo can in the woods today, and it was like finding an old friend. Nanos are like undersize bluegills or miniature brook trout.

That and to add a couple more caches to a small series that I started commemorating forest fires in my area.

2 hours ago, chasclifton said:

I don't think that I am up to "the most difficult cache" yet, but for 2019, I am swearing off nanos. Just not going to bother with them. I found an actual ammo can in the woods today, and it was like finding an old friend. Nanos are like undersize bluegills or miniature brook trout.

You figured a way to filter-out nanos ?     Probably have to filter out "other" too...

I have a tiny boron 3wt used for dapping tiny brooks/creeks in the middle a nowhere.  Small grasshoppers or ants a must.

Mini brook trout a favorite.  :)

11 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

You figured a way to filter-out nanos ?     Probably have to filter out "other" too...

I have a tiny boron 3wt used for dapping tiny brooks/creeks in the middle a nowhere.  Small grasshoppers or ants a must.

Mini brook trout a favorite.  :)

But I've been to places where they are very plentiful and  easy to catch  (some high country lakes in the Sierra Nevada mountains) ...sort of like finding a cache on a power trail.

Tomorrow night I'll be out on a river (which is accessible from my back yard) with my 4wt Sage RPL 490, hopefully casting for very difficult to catch rising trout, sort of like getting to ground zero, and you can see the cache, but it's way up in a tree.  

Edited by NYPaddleCacher
2 hours ago, on4bam said:
2 hours ago, terratin said:

What mapping service is this? Looks nicer than GC and project-gc.

FSG macro in GSAK.

Yup.

2 hours ago, terratin said:

I was kind of afraid of that. I have no time to get into GSAK even though I did pay for them to keep track of ECs and categorised them for challenges.

It's not so hard.  I have tinkered with the FindStatGen settings from time to time, but mostly it's just loading in our My Finds PQ and our cache hides PQ, running the macro, and then pasting the code to my profile.  EZPZ.

51 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Yup.

It's not so hard.  I have tinkered with the FindStatGen settings from time to time, but mostly it's just loading in our My Finds PQ and our cache hides PQ, running the macro, and then pasting the code to my profile.  EZPZ.

Is it this macro? https://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17937&st=0&

I installed it, and now I can run it but nothing happens apart from all caches being processed somehow. Or do I need to c/p a link into my profile? That would not be something I'd like to do as I like an empty profile :D

6 minutes ago, terratin said:

Is it this macro? https://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=17937&st=0&

I installed it, and now I can run it but nothing happens apart from all caches being processed somehow. Or do I need to c/p a link into my profile? That would not be something I'd like to do as I like an empty profile :D

No, it's this one. There are plugins for that macro (that's one of them you downloaded) to extend the statistics.

Running the macro should open the result in your browser so you can see it without putting everything online.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, DreamMachine74 said:

For the following year, I want to continue caching by finding at least 1 a month, go and find more caches in different counties, and place a few caches.

I'm going ahead as well with a half year check up...I genuinely wish I could say I was inebriated by some degree when I typed this....the first goal makes no sense because I was trying to find a certain amount of caches per month. The first goal is a write off....completely. I'm working on the second one, and the third one is already good to go, with my tenth cache having been planted yesterday, of which four are yet to be published.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:59 PM, on4bam said:

No, it's this one. There are plugins for that macro (that's one of them you downloaded) to extend the statistics.

Running the macro should open the result in your browser so you can see it without putting everything online.

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try. Not much to do today so I might as well finally classify the remaining 100 or so ECs not yet classified.

I'm happy to say that we finished all of the states this year. Well, all41 finished all of the states, because he has found caches in Alaska without me, so I've found caches in 49 states. Now we need to do a road trip to Alaska for me to be completely done. That won't happen next year, so maybe the year after that. Who knows.

Well,, it looks like my intension of finding more caches this year than last though reachable may not happen. Only need 40 or 421. All, I wanted to get more per month than last year, but that went haywire last month. I would like to get the last traditional (but with a big twist) in my home town captured. Also, two bilking/hiking trails need finishing. There are the Western Maryland Rail Trail near Hancock, Md.., I have most east of Hancock. The other trail is the Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpike  near Breezewood, Pa. I have may 6 too go there. I would like a geocaching partner but my non geocaching and non- navigating wife need s the time out of the house.

Finances preclude too much travel so I am pretty much limited to day trip caches in the area (SC Pennsylvania).No foreign travel, no out of the country, little in country.

Maybe I can get some good caches out-- I have one I think Is real good that has had 5 finders since placement 5/24/18. (GC7JW47). 

I completed the Double Jasmer this month - goal for this year.  Also archived some old, put out some new, and got my hides generally much closer to home.  

It took 10+ years from the time I first read about the Jasmer and got interested to finish it - and then it took 6 months to finish the double.    Finishing the double was only a handful of year 2000 finds,  and then some  finds in much later years   (and yes, even though there's no triple jasmer challenge log to sign, it IS in my thinking....)

Edited by Isonzo Karst
4 hours ago, DerDiedler said:

400 Bucks and two days would do the trick ;)

There are pretty cheap flights from Seattle to Anchorage.

There are also several ferries that I hear are a good way to go up the inland passage, but the least expensive would be a r/t flight from Seattle to either Anchorage, Fairbanks, Sitka or Ketchikan (all less than $250 r/t)

6 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

There are also several ferries that I hear are a good way to go up the inland passage

But not anymore in 2019. At least BC Ferries don´t service inland passage during wintertime wich started in mid september. I wanted to sail from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy3 weeks ago, but the scedule for this time of the year is blank ;) 

It's possible we would fly, but we really want to take the drive. It is so pretty, lots of animals. Of course, we would also like to take the ferry, as well. We've both been to Alaska (flying), so we want to take a more interesting route next time. 

My sister (with lots of her kids and grandkids) lives in Alaska, so that's good incentive, as well.

3 hours ago, Ambrosia said:

It's possible we would fly, but we really want to take the drive. It is so pretty, lots of animals. Of course, we would also like to take the ferry, as well. We've both been to Alaska (flying), so we want to take a more interesting route next time. 

My sister (with lots of her kids and grandkids) lives in Alaska, so that's good incentive, as well.

A few years back we took a cruise up to Alaska and rented a car to drive back home.  It is a great drive.  Now that we have a trailer we're planning on a trip back there - there are more RV sites than motel rooms along the way - hopefully grabbing the oldest in the Yukon Territory on the way, and maybe a side jaunt to Northwest Territory too (but not the oldest in NWT - it's a very long boat trip from Yellowknife :().

On 12/14/2018 at 3:21 PM, STNolan said:

I’m looking to put my total “county” count up into the quadrouple digits this year.

Additionally I’d like to complete my fizzy (three away!) and my Jasmer (dang November 00)!

Well Im closer on the counties now - 935 counties total. Not sure I have enough time for another roadtrip to break 1,000 this year.

Completed my Jasmer this summer with a side trip to New York!

Fizzy... still 3 away.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:32 AM, DerDiedler said:

But not anymore in 2019. At least BC Ferries don´t service inland passage during wintertime wich started in mid september. I wanted to sail from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy3 weeks ago, but the scedule for this time of the year is blank ;) 

Prince Rupert has officially been removed from the AMHS schedule due to issues with getting further RCMP support.

In general the AMHS is on its last legs for better or for worse due to a lack of funding. Which is sad because its a great way to see the inside passage for cheap!

My goal for 2019 is to find caches.  Mission accomplished!

It's interesting to me, looking at my stats, to see that I'm in line to continue the reversal of my decreasing find rate over time trend.  From 2011 - 2016 I found less caches each subsequent year, and 2017 - 2018 I found more each subsequent year.  If I find 5 more this year I'll continue that trend.  

After hitting my 366 day calendar goal a few years ago, I started caching very casually, and most of my caches are found on trips away from home.  At home, I have so many things I need to do that I don't really get to go geocaching anymore, but during a trip if there's a choice between sitting in my hotel room at night or going to find caches, I'll go geocaching.  So, the more trips I go on, the more caches I find.

I don't mind paying the $30 premium fee even in my casual gameplay, as I find the benefits are great.  And next year my premium membership is paid for by having a film in this year's GIFF.  I hope you like it, it's called "The Geocaching Express 6000 GPS Receiver".

2 hours ago, STNolan said:

In general the AMHS is on its last legs for better or for worse due to a lack of funding. Which is sad because its a great way to see the inside passage for cheap!

Hmm, maybe because I would be taking a trailer, but I found AMHS more expensive to get to Sitka (oldest AK cache) than a cruise, and not much quicker.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:21 AM, The Jester said:
On 10/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, Ambrosia said:

A few years back we took a cruise up to Alaska and rented a car to drive back home.  It is a great drive.  Now that we have a trailer we're planning on a trip back there - there are more RV sites than motel rooms along the way - hopefully grabbing the oldest in the Yukon Territory on the way, and maybe a side jaunt to Northwest Territory too (but not the oldest in NWT - it's a very long boat trip from Yellowknife :().

Yup, we have a trailer, so that's what we'd like to do. My parents have done it, and loved it.

This thread was a good reminder to go back and check in on how i'm going...

1. Finish my D/T loop (4 caches), bonus points if I can finish my second loop (another 29 caches) Still need a D5/T4.5 for loop 1. My closest is 3 hours away up a mountain and requires me to find another 7-8 caches on said mountain first. Loop 2 is down to 10 caches.
  2. Finish my found date calendar (excluding Feb 29) Done - completed in May
  3. Complete my find streak up to 366 days (currently just over 230) Done & bailed at 404 (subtle nerd joke there)
  4. Publish a series of kids letterboxes I have the containers but still havent found a suitable way to camo and the right location to place them (they are bright and fairly large)
  5. Publish at least 1 AR cache Done. Will probably archive it soon too.
  6. Place my first T5 physical cache (we have hosted a T5 event, but haven't placed a physical cache yet) Done, have placed 4 physical T5 caches
  7. Maintain my FTF streak, which is currently at 12 months. So far so good, 21 months and counting
  8. Pick, and complete, an appropriately impressive cache to do as our 1000th find (currently on 847) It wasn't the worlds most impressive cache, but my 7yo picked it as it was ladybird themed and she loves ladybirds. Tick

Optional bonus goal: Place a ~100 cache GeoArt (50/50 challenge caches and puzzles) that I started playing around with late last year. This is still bubbling along. The 50 challenges are put together. I have containers. A suitable location for 100 containers that aren't going to annoy the locals and wont require high maintenance is still proving elusive.

Stat nerd goals:
  1. Up my belt score from 200 to 300 Nearly there, circa 12 points to go.
  2. Earn at least 3 new gemstones (currently have 10) Easily done. Up to 17 now and have a couple more pretty close
  3. Progress at least 5 of my current Bronze badges Done. By the end of the year I will only have one bronze badge (head in the ground)
  4. 200 finds in a day Doubt I will make this one. Had a 136 day at a mega earlier in the year. Goal revised to 1000 finds for the year a while back, have 170 to go with a mega next month.
  • Upvote 1
On 12/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, bflentje said:

My goals for 2019 are the following..

1. Attain 1000 multicache finds (~200 to go)

2. Complete the Wisconsin county blackout (3 counties to go) (it's not my home state)

3. Get to 1000 counties found cache in (~150 or so to go)

4. Add two countries to the found list

Only two of the four will be reasonably attainable.

Still two months to go but thought I'd check my goals since someone refreshed the thread..

1. Attain 1000 multicache finds (~200 to go) - SUCCESS

2. Complete the Wisconsin county blackout (3 counties to go) (it's not my home state) - FAIL

3. Get to 1000 counties found cache in (~185 or so to go) - EPIC FAIL

4. Add two countries to the found list - 50% but likely to end in FAIL  <<< The Ireland versus Northern Ireland topic was my demise.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, TwistedCube said:

What are your caching goals for next year???

Mine:

~ Get to 1000 finds

~ Hide at least a cache a month

~ Cache in at least one new state

~ Find a kayak cache

~ Make new memories

--------------------------------------------

Depending on the type of cacher you are (numbers, quality, hider, finder, etc.) yours will look different than mine. I seek favorites and strive for hiding the very best I can hide.

Get to 1000 finds - SUCCESS! (Current find count now 1,055)

Hide at least a cache a month - Unfortunately, I have not been able to hide a cache a month this year. 

Cache in at least one new state - SUCCESS! I have cached in SIX new states so far this year!

Find a kayak cache - The weather is far more bearable here in Southeast Texas compared to the dreadfully hot and humid summers, so finding a T5 kayak cache is definitely a possibility in the coming weeks.  

Make new memories - (Still in progress) 

On 12/21/2018 at 3:59 AM, hzoi said:

One of my goals is to get my daughter interested in going geocaching with me again.  :signalviolin:  Not an easy task, since few caches around here have kid-friendly swag, and she's all about finding toys.  Maybe I should just start pocketing swag and throw some in before I let her look inside.

That aside:

- Add 2+ countries to our list

- Fill in Landkreise (county) maps for Hessen and Rheinland-Pfalz

- Log GC40 before @on4bam :laughing:

- Make our Europe map more colorful with more finds in neighboring countries -- too much orange and yellow right now.  Needs more blue and green, I think. 

Capture.JPG

(Yes, I know I can change the color scheme - but what's the challenge in that?)

How did you get the different colors?  I downloaded the macro, went in for edit, added the codes for the colors I wanted, but the map still came out with just different shades of the base color.