How do I buy a single Trackable code?

The Royalties

1 minute ago, The Royalties said:

Honestly I only want two. My partner and I want to race them to see whose gets to a certain location first. I would like to male my own coins for it too. Right now it seems like I'll have to buy actual geocoins and take the codes off them (is that allowed?).

Yes, that's a common way to do this.  Geocoins will have a special icon related to each design, so you may select yours based on that icon or the coin's theme.  Activate the Geocoin, build its page as you like, place the homemade coin into a Geocache, keep the original.  It's a good idea on the Geocoin's page, to make it clear that finders are looking for the homemade version, not the original coin.

You may instead use a Travel Bug, which works pretty much the same way, but they all have a "Travel Bug" icon.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, The Royalties said:

Honestly I only want two. My partner and I want to race them to see whose gets to a certain location first. I would like to male my own coins for it too. Right now it seems like I'll have to buy actual geocoins and take the codes off them (is that allowed?).

You can buy clearance tags for $2.50 on Shop Groundspeak right now. Min $35 purchase for free shipping.  $25 purchase gets you a free tag. That's the best current deal I know of.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

You can buy clearance tags for $2.50 on Shop Groundspeak right now. Min $35 purchase for free shipping.  $25 purchase gets you a free tag. That's the best current deal I know of.

Since there's a  $35 minimum purchase that sounds like an opportunity to hold a geo-event and use some of them as raffle prizes

2 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Since there's a  $35 minimum purchase that sounds like an opportunity to hold a geo-event and use some of them as raffle prizes

It seems like the OP won't qualify for free shipping, at least not the US shop's free shipping.

But if you find some cheap on clearance, maybe buy a nice supply in case you ever want to make more.

9 hours ago, The Royalties said:

Sure it's allowed, but you don't have to buy geocoins.   A basic travel bug would do the same, at less than half the cost of most coins.  :)

As kunarion mentioned,  the icon may have some factor.

Most we know aren't bothered by that default icon, using the code for patches, hiking sticks, dog collars, and only limited by imagination.

Some tags have unique icons, as well as geocoins, and if you have to make the icon match a theme, some searching will have to be done.

5 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Some tags have unique icons, as well as geocoins, and if you have to make the icon match a theme, some searching will have to be done.

Der Kunavagen had a nice icon.  The tag was from the opposite coast, and relatively few were made (or activated).  So it was rare to discover that one here.  A local reviewer seemed impressed when he discovered it. :P