new map and 'search this area' function

thepowerofthree

Hi there,
I'll try to explain as good as possible in English.
With the new map, I have the following problem :
Entering a city (any city), I can see the caches in this area. Before (with the old map), you could say : delete filters, and than you could see the caches, scrolling the map to any direction. Now, when scrolling the map up or down, left or right, I have to click 'search this area' each time in order to see the caches in that area. Before I saw them ALL immediately.
Is there a way, I can change that in the settings somewhere ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

greets,

The Power of Three,

solange & suzette

2 hours ago, thepowerofthree said:

Hi there,
Entering a city (any city), I can see the caches in this area. Before (with the old map), you could say : delete filters, and than you could see the caches, scrolling the map to any direction. Now, when scrolling the map up or down, left or right, I have to click 'search this area' each time in order to see the caches in that area. Before I saw them ALL immediately.

Thanks a lot in advance,

greets,

The Power of Three,

solange & suzette

See the Dec 4 post by Brendanjw in this thread under Release Notes:

Edited by Max and 99
On 12/6/2018 at 6:43 AM, thepowerofthree said:

Hi there,

Thanks a lot in advance,

greets,

The Power of Three,

solange & suzette

This is more of a user preference.  Personally I prefer it when a map does not refresh results as I'm panning a map.   I will frequently be looking at the map and want to scroll/pan to another area far away from the current location and will typically zoom on on the map so that I can re-center to another location on the other side of the country or even to another continent.  I would prefer that the map not continuously refresh results as it's moving.   For me, using a "search this area" once I've centered to map on an area I want to view works better.  I have seen some mapping sites which provide a "Refresh results when moving the map" checkbox which provides the option to the user for both behaviors.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, GArunner said:

I don't like this at all!  On the website when I click on recent caches the screen is very unreadable.  Please put something so we can click to go back to the old version.

If you're trying to get out of the 'new search/map' test, then you can go HERE and select "select this link".

That Help Center page is accessible by clicking on "What's this" at the upper-right corner of the 'test' map, then "Learn more".

On 12/6/2018 at 12:43 PM, thepowerofthree said:

Hi there,

the new search mask dosen't fullfil my requests. I like to see a list of caches no map. If I want see a map, I should jump in it. Alo now ther is no possibility to expand your search radius. Sorry but the ne  Searchsolution is in my opinion just for the waste I feel so unconfortable and loos my fun to search for caches.

Schlurie

Edited by Schlurie
2 minutes ago, ruffcutts said:

The "upgrades" to the search function needs lots of work.  Something that should have remained simple and almost intuitive is dumbfounding.  How does a user get back to the original functions?

Click on "What's this?" at the top of the map, then Learn More. It gives complete instructions there.

10 hours ago, little-leggs said:

I'd like to see the previous  ( search function ) reinstated 

As already noted in the thread above:

On 12/9/2018 at 9:59 AM, noncentric said:

If you're trying to get out of the 'new search/map' test, then you can go HERE and select "select this link".

That Help Center page is accessible by clicking on "What's this" at the upper-right corner of the 'test' map, then "Learn more".

Edited by noncentric