Library multicache

Team Hunpooh

I am tryingvto get my library multicache up but so far have not gotten a response from the reviewer for help on what I need to do further...

I have the first stop outside tthe library.  In the key holder container I provided the Dewey decimal number of where the cache is located....

The reviewer suggested I look at the caches in library page to make sure I'm doing it right but I cannot see what could be missing...can someone give me a hand?

I am reviewing your cache page for "Dewey" Remember How to Use This?, GC805Q8.

Caches within libraries are permitted; however, there are a series of issues that need to be addressed. The article regarding library caches can be found in the Help Section on Indoor Caches.. Please review the criteria for a library cache, and reformat your cache as needed.

Is what he said....I looked at that link and as far as I can see it is allowed what I have done so am a bit lost.  I just resubmitted asking for more info as so far the reviewer has not responded to my messages

13 minutes ago, Team Hunpooh said:

I am reviewing your cache page for "Dewey" Remember How to Use This?, GC805Q8.

Caches within libraries are permitted; however, there are a series of issues that need to be addressed. The article regarding library caches can be found in the Help Section on Indoor Caches.. Please review the criteria for a library cache, and reformat your cache as needed.

Is what he said....I looked at that link and as far as I can see it is allowed what I have done so am a bit lost.  I just resubmitted asking for more info as so far the reviewer has not responded to my messages

It sounds like you did what you were asked to. My family loves library caches, and we were thrilled to be able to adopt one.

Please keep us posted!

Just a few possibilities that come to mind:

(1)  Are your posted coords for the magnetic keyholder location, and not just the library entrance or the final cache location?

(2)  Did you provide information to the Reviewer about the permission you obtained?  For mine, I informed the reviewer of the library staff members that I worked with to get the cache published.

(3)  Is your cache description free of anything that might be considered "commercial" or "agenda" topics?

If yes to all of these, then the best bet is probably just waiting for the Reviewer to provide you with more direction.

3 hours ago, Team Hunpooh said:

Section on Indoor Caches.. Please review the criteria for a library cache, and reformat your cache as needed.

For me it seems that your reviewer is asking you to make some modification to the cache description to meet these requirements:

• You must get permission from the building owner or manager.
  • Players must be able to find the cache without interacting with staff in the building.
  • Indoor caches cannot have commercial overtones.
  • Indoor caches can never be traditional caches.
  • Indoor caches must follow the GPS rule below.

Without access to your cache description I can not guess the possible reason but the last line in the guidelines may help a little.

When in doubt, check with your reviewer to make sure that your indoor cache follows the guidelines.

If you can not find the correct way to modificate your cache to meet these requirements, post a reviewer note asking more information.

Thanks for hiding a new cache, and for having permission for it, and for designing it with some outdoor gps use!

People do like library caches

Now that you've re-submitted the cache so that a reviewer can see (as of  Dec 5) I expect you'll hear from a reviewer within a week. Likely sooner. 

When a cache is submitted, you're asked to provide the following info:  " Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published. "

Your cache was submitted with none of that. You still haven't supplied most it. 

• Upvote 1