Friends League Trackable Activation Points

Web-ling

It looks like points are only being awarded for ONE trackable activation in the December Friend League, regardless of how many are activated. 

I activated 4, but was only credited for the first one.  And, yes, all were well after noon UTC.

Didn't see anything in the blog about only getting credit for one.  What gives?

• Surprised 1
39 minutes ago, Web-ling said:

It looks like points are only being awarded for ONE trackable activation in the December Friend League, regardless of how many are activated. 

I activated 4, but was only credited for the first one.  And, yes, all were well after noon UTC.

Didn't see anything in the blog about only getting credit for one.  What gives?

Well it does say trackable, not trackables. ??

I'm hoping it gets fixed soon!

Activate trackable

2 minutes ago, K13 said:

Thanks for posting that message here.  I am one of the many Geocachers who DO NOT use facebook.

Yeah, I'm a reluctant user of Facebook.  I've found it useful to follow a few things, but rarely do I ever use it for "social networking".  I used Friendster back in the day, and that was the extent of my social networking.  ?

22 minutes ago, noncentric said:

Posted on Geocaching's Facebook page:

image.png.4d08085f6423d17b62539339fddf4dc2.png

Thanks, noncentric!!  Much appreciated!!

I activated two and only got credit for one.  Just submitted my request for the uncredited one to the Help Desk.

I'm holding off on activating any more until after they resolve the bug.

It would be nice to have this issue acknowledged by Groundspeak here, and an update on their plans to fix it.   You would think it is in their interest; if people know there is a problem which will be fixed in a few days they may wish to hold off on their activations; which would be better for all than having to contact Groundspeak with a photo of each trackable which failed to provide the points.    

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, redsox_mark said:

It would be nice to have this issue acknowledged by Groundspeak here, and an update on their plans to fix it.   You would think it is in their interest; if people know there is a problem which will be fixed in a few days they may wish to hold off on their activations; which would be better for all than having to contact Groundspeak with a photo of each trackable which failed to provide the points.    

That sure would be helpful!

49 minutes ago, SnowstormMK said:

We have identified and fixed the issue. We will be running a script that will retroactively award points for all TBs that have been activated since the start of the campaign. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Mine's been fixed.  Thank you!

12 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I activated 4 TBs before your post and 1 after your post and got pts for all of them. 

Thanks for your support! 

I found out what was the problem:

During the activation, I usually set the TB date ("Date activated") to a special date in the past, e. g. to the date of my birthday when I received the coin. 

That's what I also did for the current "81 Grid Champion" coin. 

But obviously, if this TB date is not in the "timeframe" of the current FRIEND LEAGUE action this leads to the issue that no points will appear. So, I fear that geocaching.com does not use the actual activation date but the TB date what is being entered by the user during the activation process. 

Solution:

Activate the TB with activation date <today>. I did this for the next TB and received the points.  :)

The date can be changed later by editing the TB. 

• Helpful 1