Search function doesn't work?

edscott

5 minutes ago, edscott said:

I put in a location to search and get a blank page.  Not by name,  by location or by coordinates.  Just a blank white page with a heading like https://www.geocaching.com/play/map?st=N 40° 15.132' W 75° 50.228'&lat=40.26454&lng=-75.80409&zoom=12    Has been like this for about 2 days.

Interesting. However that URL is being formed, it's being formed incorrectly. The "&" parts should actually be just "&". The HTML encoded entities are probably tripping up the server when it's trying to decide what it needs to return. Are you just going to the main page, putting in "N 40° 15.132' W 75° 50.228'" in the search field, and clicking the search button/hitting enter?

Yes, tried by entering coordinates and also by town name.  Neither one works.   If I go to "view maps" it gives me a map of my home area so I can then scroll to other nearby areas but it is a much longer process.

Edited by edscott
additonal data

Hi,

This issue was just brought to my attention.  I'd like to apologize for this experience, and also help with some troubleshooting.  When you have a minute, and I apologize if you have already provided this information, but could you confirm that you are on an iPad 3?  Also, if you could you provide the version of iOS that is on the iPad?  We are working on reproducing this issue, and these details will help.

Thanks,

Brendan

• Upvote 1

I'm using an Apple desktop OSX 10.9.5 that worked perfectly a couple days ago and still works on every other site I've been on.  My safari is 9.1.3.  That no longer works for viewing maps on the Geocaching search function, but I've not found any other problems with the Geocaching site.  I tried firefox 56.0 (64-bit) and that works for getting maps,  but doesn't know to show my hides as mine but instead marks them the same as caches hidden by others.  It does however show my finds and DNFs properly.   Here is the URL my safari is attempting to reach when I search for a map of caches   https://www.geocaching.com/play/map?st=N 40° 15.132' W 75° 50.228'&lat=40.2522&lng=-75.8371333333333&zoom=16     The result is a blank white screen.

Edited by edscott
additional data
On 12/3/2018 at 7:01 PM, edscott said:

I put in a location to search and get a blank page.  Not by name,  by location or by coordinates.  Just a blank white page with a heading like https://www.geocaching.com/play/map?st=N 40° 15.132' W 75° 50.228'&lat=40.26454&lng=-75.80409&zoom=12    Has been like this for about 2 days.

I’m having the same issue. I use an iPhone X. And same issue on my husbands Samsung galaxy 7. The search worked fine until just recently.