TB Hotel Etiquette

kc_kilmer09

I live near a pretty inactive hotel. One of my favorite parts of this game is moving along the trackables-- I want to keep the story going, and I would be bummed if my own TBs got caught in a sleepy hotel!

So my question is this-- what is the etiquette for moving along more than 1 TB from the hotel? I've already helped one along. I travel a lot for work and could also help several of the others, but I don't want to feel like a TB theft or hoarder. I've searched forums without much luck for answers. Any advice or opinions are welcome!

Take one or take them all so long as you don't hang on to them unnecessarily. Keep them moving rather than letting them languish for months on end. Some so-called TB hotels are really TB prisons.

My personal "etiqette" is to take as many as I can manage to move on but I may leave a couple for others. Depends if the Cache gets much traffic. If you can help them reach their goals, if they have any, then go for it.

BTW, a CO insisting they, TBs, be traded one for one or insisting on other such resrictions is against GC guidelines.

2 hours ago, kc_kilmer09 said:

I live near a pretty inactive hotel. One of my favorite parts of this game is moving along the trackables-- I want to keep the story going, and I would be bummed if my own TBs got caught in a sleepy hotel!

So my question is this-- what is the etiquette for moving along more than 1 TB from the hotel? I've already helped one along. I travel a lot for work and could also help several of the others, but I don't want to feel like a TB theft or hoarder. I've searched forums without much luck for answers. Any advice or opinions are welcome!

Is the "sleepy hotel" safe

If folks are visiting once-in-a-while, but the cache isn't a thief target like some we see, I'd be fine with mine there a while.   :)  

- But you can take whatever you believe you can actually handle.  

Similar to colleda, if we see a cache that has any kind of "policy" for trackables (take one/leave one for example), we grab all we can and notify a Reviewer that they have an ALR.   

Those trackables don't belong to the CO.  Like in most hotels,  just traveling through...

You become a "hoarder" when you don't give them up.  Visit 'em a couple times if you must, then Drop them in a cache.  Simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
14 hours ago, kc_kilmer09 said:

I've already helped one along. I travel a lot for work and could also help several of the others, but I don't want to feel like a TB theft or hoarder.

"Theft", or "hoarding" means you take the TB's and DON'T move them.  You, on the other hand, are helping them to move.  Any TB owner should be happy to see activity, to know their TB is still in play, and moving!

If the hotel doesn't get a lot of visitors, then take and move as many as you like.  Better they move than sit unattended for a long time.  I have placed a couple of caches that are large enough to hold TB's - I'll use them as drop off points for TB's I pick up in my travels.  And if TB's sit in them with no one visiting and taking them, I will grab them from my own caches to move along.

• Helpful 1
22 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

"Theft", or "hoarding" means you take the TB's and DON'T move them. 

We view the numerous people who hold other's property hostage and  "visit"  caches for months or years on end to be hoarders as well. 

If they won't give them up, it doesn't matter if it's "moving" or not.  It's hoarding.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

We view the numerous people who hold other's property hostage and  "visit"  caches for months or years on end to be hoarders as well. 

If they won't give them up, it doesn't matter if it's "moving" or not.  It's hoarding.

+1

There are posts in these Forums about people who bit off more than they can chew.  The hoarders who can't seem to drop any TB sometimes started by picking up TBs, and at some point they have a problem with the logistics of placing them all into caches, especially the logs.  A decent log on just one TB may require several actions in different places on the web site, and with a dozen or more, it starts to become time-consuming.  It's much simpler to forevermore log "Took It To", since that doesn't even require the TB being anywhere near the cache.

People are excited to take a whole bunch of TBs.  They're indifferent about then placing them so somebody else has the excitement of taking the TB.  Go figure. B)

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1