Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
gr8gps

this is a must if you go far from civilization

I often venture far from the city as I am REALY a country boy at heart...so

I bought one of these a while back to mainly take when I go to the beach (about 4 hours from civilization)
just incase I run down my battery, It also has 2 USB ports for charging a phone as well as power out for misc. products

it run $72.99 on Amazon
it is a 600a unit
with 1800mah
and it can come in real handy

I made a video earlier today to kinda explain a bit about it

I keep one in my truck and one in my wifes car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is3KyFoFI84

PS I started a Youtube channel where I review and give household tips (kinda)  soon I will make a more in depth video of a dehydrator I bought and of me making deer jerky

Nothing but a youtube link to find out what you're talking about?

Really?

"600a" raises my eyebrows, maybe an error, but I'd have to be very motivated to click a video link at the best of times, especially when it seems you're trying hard to make me click it.

Edited by Viajero Perdido
  • Upvote 1

It's a charger that can jump-start your car, or charge your devices. I saved you a click. You're welcome.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1

The link only directs me back to the main forums for some odd reason.  Where's the error?

How about a link to it, rather than a youtube video.  Thanks.

41 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

The link only directs me back to the main forums for some odd reason.  Where's the error?

Yeah, for some reason the link comes back to the forum. I copy-pasted the YouTube URL.

How about a link to it, rather than a youtube video.  Thanks.

Sure. Here's the Amazon link (without the referral parameters):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D42TYFC/

Basically, it's an 18Ah jump starter with USB ports for charging devices.

• Helpful 1

Ah, that was the error: 18000mAh, not 1800.  The latter is a common size for tiny gadgets like a small headlamp I own.  Couldn't see huge amperage coming out something that small, even lithium-ion.

I'm curious how well those things work for jumping a dead car.  It's been a worry, a dead car in the middle of nowhere.  That's why I never bought a car-powered cooler when I really wanted to (need cold beer!), settling instead on a classic ice-powered one.  (With me, ice and beer both run out after about four days anyway.)

My most essential middle-of-nowhere gadgets are two solar panels, for charging the power banks / lanterns / headlamp / phone / tablet / speaker / shaver.  :)  With all that, I can go indefinitely, well, at least until the beer runs out.

20 minutes ago, niraD said:

Basically, it's an 18Ah jump starter with USB ports for charging devices.

Thanks.  :)      I could use that pound+ elsewhere though...

Kinda agree with Viajero Perdido.  At that weight, I might opt for one of the lightweight ankar or similar chargers if a need.

- But I'm pretty basic, and my pack-weight's less than some folks sleeping bags.  

My noco 12v jumper's always in the truck.  I worry more about the truck's condition, or  being there when I get back.   :D

• Upvote 1

The href is empty. They must have pasted the url, saw it wasn't a link, hit the link button, but didn't fill out the link url.  Butanyway