Looking to buy a GPS unit.

MARS9ER

11 hours ago, MARS9ER said:

I’ve narrowed it down to the Oregon 700 or the Montana 610. I was just looking for opinions. Thanks.

Have you compared them in person? Check the size and weight, the screen visibility and responsiveness. See which you prefer. You'll probably need specialized accessories regardless, see which has the best variety of accessories you can easily get.

Montana can have voice prompts for street routing, and has a charging cradle for the car. If it's to be your main car nav, Montana's good. But it's large for a hiking device.

If you like the convenience of loading caches onto a GPS from a hotspot (even wifi on your phone), and especially if you have a car nav for voice prompt street routing, the Oregon is good.

• Upvote 1

Hi, I know that you are interested in those two, I was as well due to the touch, but, in the winter, you need to take your gloves off. I opted for the Garmin GPSMAP 66st and am very happy with it. It took awhile to get used to the keys, navigation, etc but am very pleased.

What features are you looking for? What interests you in that model? That may help us give you advise.   .

Edited by JRMFam