Related web page?

Ms Maddy

It was removed but listings using the value are 'grandfathered' in that the web page will remain available unless it's deleted from the listing by the CO, after which it can't be returned.

If you have a listing with a related URL, don't delete it from the listing! But yes, new listings don't have that field any more.

10 hours ago, thebruce0 said:

Most people I've seen recently have just been adding the link to the description anyway. Not a big loss on that front.

Agreed. It is just as easy to link the cartridge within the main body, cache description, of the cache listing.  It can even be made more noticeable in the cache description by using font colors/sizes.

Also, the cartridge should be linked in the cache description because that's the only place that app users can see it. App users can't see the Related Web Page link. Not just the Official App, but other geocaching apps as well.

• Helpful 1

The related web page field was removed from the CSP several years ago.  I don't trust my memory on that, but it's been several years ;-) 

Dec 2017, it also disappeared from the edit page.

Many devices don't support it.  PQs have never supported it. 

It's never been a good way to get important info to users.  Oddly, when Wherigo was new, Wherigo owners were told to use it for cartridge link.  It was an odd requirement even then, given that it meant  many users would not have a link to the cart from many ways of downloading the Wherigo gpx.

• Upvote 1