[FEATURE] Backdating photos: allow any date

frinklabs

14 hours ago, frinklabs said:

When you edit the uploaded image there is a field labelled "Date Taken"

I'd never noticed that before.  Is there a way to see that information for a picture in someone else's log?  If not, it doesn't seem very useful.  But I agree, as long as the field exists it ought to allow arbitrary dates.

12 hours ago, Nylimb said:

I'd never noticed that before.  Is there a way to see that information for a picture in someone else's log?  If not, it doesn't seem very useful.  But I agree, as long as the field exists it ought to allow arbitrary dates.

That date is the date that appears above photos in the Gallery, both the gallery of the cache and the gallery of a cacher's profile.

You can already update the date to whatever date you want, but the drop-down only goes back to 2003.  I believe that is the core of the OP, that the drop-down should include 2000-2002 as options.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:01 AM, frinklabs said:

When you edit the uploaded image there is a field labelled "Date Taken"

GC_EditPhotoDetails.png

Are you suggesting that it be possible to date a photo with 1930?  That seems like a stretch. Historical photos, as in your example, can show the date in the "Name" to have it appear prominently in the galleries - and "Name" is probably the best place to highlight that it's a historical photo, because the Name is what appears in the logs section of the cache page.

• Upvote 1