Cache not showing in app for some users

BFMC

I have a bit of a strange one. I published a series of caches along a walking track recently and one of the early finders mentioned one of them didnt show in her app (but did on the website). I now have multiple reports of this being the case. I am trying to confirm as much info as possible from the users who say they cant see the cache, will keep this post updated as I get more info.

Cache in question: https://coord.info/GC7ZFAQ

Summary of issue: Some users report not being able to see cache GC7ZFAQ when browsing the map in mobile application. Users can see the cache when browsing the map via website and when searching by GC code in the app.

User browny10 reports not being able to see the cache on the map in the app. User is using the stock app on android (version number unknown). User can search by GC code in the app and get to the cache page. User can see the cache via the geocaching.com website map. Screenshot attached from users app, the cache in question should be immediately to the left of the selected cache. edit: user has confirmed they are using app version 6.2.0 on Samsung Galaxy S8

User robber44 reports not being able to see the cache on the map in the app (have requested app and OS details from user). User has written a note on the cache upon returning home & logging others in the trail so i'm assuming they can see it via the website. edit: user has confirmed using stock app on android. User also reports that when switching from map to list they can see the cache in question. Phone model and app version requested. User has confirmed using app version 7.0.0 on an LG K10

As CO, I can see the cache on my map (using both the stock app and cachly app in iOs.)

I have asked a few friends using various devices & apps to check as well, I will update with results as I get them. edit: user Crack'n'LeeLee tested for me using the stock app on android (using both samsung galaxy S7 and S9). They have confirmed they can see the cache in map mode. edit: user Sims_family has confirmed the cache does not appear on their map when using the stock app, but does appear using c:geo (Samsung)

Note: forgot to mention (thanks K13) that myself and all members mentioned above are premium members.

browny10.jpg

Edited by BFMC
1 minute ago, K13 said:

I see the cache has a Difficulty rating of 2.5 and this would make it above the 'Beginner Cache" threshhold for Basic Members. That could be the reason some people see it on the website but not on the GS app.

Thanks - I forgot to include that all users mentioned above are premium members.

That's odd.  I just zoomed over to your side of the Pacific Ocean and zoomed into that trail.

Using Android app version 7.0, Android version 8.0  -- I also don't see Baanip 2 in the map view.  I see the gap between 1 and 3 of the series.

Using iPhone app version 7.0, iOS version 12.0.1  -- I do see Baanip 2 in the map view.

I wouldn't archive and re-publish because of a bug in the app.  That may not solve the problem and the re-publish might end up not showing again anyway.  Plus, the cachers that already found #2 would then see the new cache as an "unfound", which may be good or bad depending on their preferences.  It might be something that gets resolved via an app update in the not-so-distant future.