Joyeux Noël mission

Laval K-9

One name is taking off the list today :D

Those who have not sent (or have not said so or may have edited their first post) their mission:

LadyCache

Those who have not received (or have not said so or may have edited their first post) their mission:

pingos  - Marjon  (an additonal package was mailed on Jan 4)***(not yet received Jan 6)

Strombus  (mailed on Dec 20)***(not yet received Jan 5)

kini_ont  (an additional package will be mailed on January 18th)***

LadyCache  (mailed on Nov 27))

jpbarr - Kristjan-Sean (10yrs old) #3  (mailed on Dec 26)

Adksarah #1  (mailed  ???)***(not yet received Jan 6)

lasouthpaw  (mailed on Dec 7)

If there are any changes. just let me know. I'll update the list should I get any replies.

Thanks for your cooperation! 

Edited by Laval K-9

Those who have not sent (or have not said so or may have edited their first post) their mission:

LadyCache

Those who have not received (or have not said so or may have edited their first post) their mission:

pingos  - Marjon  (an additonal package was mailed on Jan 4)***(not yet received Jan 6)

Strombus  (mailed on Dec 20)***(not yet received Jan 5)

kini_ont  (an additional package was be mailed on January 18th)***

LadyCache  (mailed on Nov 27))

jpbarr - Kristjan-Sean (10yrs old) #3  (mailed on Dec 26)

Adksarah #1  (mailed  ???)***(not yet received Jan 6)

lasouthpaw  (mailed on Dec 7)

If there are any changes. just let me know. I'll update the list should I get any replies.

Thanks for your cooperation! 

One month has passed since Christmas and this mission is still going on :mad:

Those who follow me on Facebook are aware that I am stuck with a discal hernia since the beginning of December. I am better now but the pain can still be very acute from times to times. I was supposed to get an infiltration in one week but because I get a shot against zona I was told I had to wait one month to get it :cry:  Besides having the pain caused by the hernia I also have pain in my arm where I got the shot. That kept me up since 3 in the morning and made me think about all kind of stuff. Among them, this mission :(

I will write jpbarr - Kristjan-Sean, Adksarah #1 and lasouthpaw and if I don't get a reply within 48 hours, I will assume that they received their mission.

I am not writing to LadyCache anymore, she never replies and never updated her mission and that form the beginning :back:

Since Strombus will be back home in February, I'll wait until then to have a replacement mission send to her.

I'm sure pingos would have told me if she received anything. How about waiting till the week-end just in case?

With his feet in the sand I'm sure kini_ont is patiently waiting for his replacement mission which was sent on January 18th :D

Let's hope for new developments very soon.

• Love 1

I am so horrible at following directions.  I thought I lost my bookmark when I changed computers, but now I'm not sure I posted here in the first place.  Luckily I am better at going to the post office than I am the blog.  I was able to mail the gift to my recipient and it arrived before Christmas.  I followed up through geocaching.com and made sure it arrived.  I also received the most awesome gift from Estonia, but I couldn't quite make out the geocaching handle to write a thank you note.  Now that I am on the blog I can fix that!  My 5 year old daughter especially liked getting something from such an exotic sounding location (with delicious candy that mommy shared!) and we had a good time on Google finding out more about Estonia and looking at pictures.  Thank you so much to Laval K-9 for putting this together, so very thoughtful of you!

The only ones left in my book are:

Strombus, kini_ont and pingos

I am still positive that kini_ont will receive the mission which was sent on January 18th.

While in the US, Strombus will receive a new replacement mission which should be in the mail on January 27th.

pingos will also receive a new new new new replacement mission which will be sent asap (don't worry, not from me)

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry that this mission has become quite the ordeal for you.  If it's any comfort, please know that we certainly appreciate you letting us in at the last minute - this was our first time participating and it was a wonderful experience!  Not only did we receive a great gift from Sweden, we've gained a new penpal!  Hope to make it over there someday to explore their geocaching turf!

The Joyeux Noel mission beat any of our expectations and I hope you continue to host. Know that it's no consolation to the folks still waiting for their missions and let us know if we can help in any way.  Thanks for all your efforts!

Liveanimals and family!

• Helpful 1

I received it!!! A huge box, so first I did not think it was my mission and could not imagine what it was. Then I saw the corrected zip code (I knew I made a typo in the zip code), so then it had to be it! Even though it weighed much more then a geocoin! Wasn't like Amazon sending a SSD card in a medium size box, so when one lifts the box, it nearly flies away. Maybe a huuuuge geocoin?  No, TWO regular size, very nice coins and lots of wonderful, practical or simply kind surprises! Lots of amazing personal touch! Santa must know that I love boxes, so I got two very special custom decorated ones! I am very happy with those as well as everything else. Lot's of things I have never seen before, being from the other end of the world. I took pictures of the unboxing to share my happiness. I sent them to Claire, because I am not sure I know how to post them, I remember having difficulty with that in the past, and she surely is an expert, probably can post them faster than I, if she can find time to do it.

Sent my info to Laval K-9: November 17th

Name received from Laval K-9: November 27th

Sent my gift: December 11th

My gift arrived at destination: January 3rd, 2019

I received a gift: January 31st, 2019 

Thank you Scrabblehounds. I am sorry for all the expense and trouble it caused that you had to send me a mission twice. Thank you for doing it so kindly even the second time! You made me happy with the gifts, but even more with the kindnes, the special attention to details.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, liveanimals said:

I'm sorry that this mission has become quite the ordeal for you.  If it's any comfort, please know that we certainly appreciate you letting us in at the last minute - this was our first time participating and it was a wonderful experience!  Not only did we receive a great gift from Sweden, we've gained a new penpal!  Hope to make it over there someday to explore their geocaching turf!

The Joyeux Noel mission beat any of our expectations and I hope you continue to host. Know that it's no consolation to the folks still waiting for their missions and let us know if we can help in any way.  Thanks for all your efforts!

Liveanimals and family!

Thanks for the good words! I hope we will see you join the Easter mission later on this year :wub:

1 hour ago, Strombus said:

I received it!!! A huge box, so first I did not think it was my mission and could not imagine what it was. Then I saw the corrected zip code (I knew I made a typo in the zip code), so then it had to be it! Even though it weighed much more then a geocoin! Wasn't like Amazon sending a SSD card in a medium size box, so when one lifts the box, it nearly flies away. Maybe a huuuuge geocoin?  No, TWO regular size, very nice coins and lots of wonderful, practical or simply kind surprises! Lots of amazing personal touch! Santa must know that I love boxes, so I got two very special custom decorated ones! I am very happy with those as well as everything else. Lot's of things I have never seen before, being from the other end of the world. I took pictures of the unboxing to share my happiness. I sent them to Claire, because I am not sure I know how to post them, I remember having difficulty with that in the past, and she surely is an expert, probably can post them faster than I, if she can find time to do it.

Sent my info to Laval K-9: November 17th

Name received from Laval K-9: November 27th

Sent my gift: December 11th

My gift arrived at destination: January 3rd, 2019

I received a gift: January 31st, 2019 

Thank you Scrabblehounds. I am sorry for all the expense and trouble it caused that you had to send me a mission twice. Thank you for doing it so kindly even the second time! You made me happy with the gifts, but even more with the kindnes, the special attention to details.

•  

Scrabblehounds was sending you a replacement mission but she was not the original sender. The original package was shipped December 20th.

A big thanks to Scrabblehounds because it was the second time she played Mystery Santa during this mission :wub:

Claire: You may almost take down your Christmas tree :D

Received a replacement mission today Thank You Twentse Mug for the lovely Dutch coins and for your wooden swag items. Sorry that the first mission was lost but it shows how wonderful our Geocaching community is when they step up and replace it with a lovely gift :) can't thank you enough.

2079313178_Xmasmission2018Aj.thumb.jpg.68679b695d2e9f522fe513dfb6b215a7.jpg

46 minutes ago, kini_ont said:

Claire: You may almost take down your Christmas tree :D

Received a replacement mission today Thank You Twentse Mug for the lovely Dutch coins and for your wooden swag items. Sorry that the first mission was lost but it shows how wonderful our Geocaching community is when they step up and replace it with a lovely gift :) can't thank you enough.

2079313178_Xmasmission2018Aj.thumb.jpg.68679b695d2e9f522fe513dfb6b215a7.jpg

Doing the Happy Dance right now:antenna:

In the first place, I want to thank Claire for the organization of the Christmas mission that many like me, look forward to every year with pleasure. Worldwide we share the hobby geocaching and with the mission often creates a friendship worldwide.

This year the Christmas mission did not go as you hope.
Claire wants everyone to get their mission and has arranged a rescue mission.:omnomnom::drama:now we can stop with eating and drinken :lol:

Today there was a letter from the USA in the mailbox, but I really did not order anything.
I found a very long letter in the envelope.
After reading the letter I think I know Jim and Beth a bit. We still have the plan to go to Nashville and then I'm sure I will visit Jim and Beth and go and drink a glass of Bourbon together :wub:
Not only the letter was great but also the geocoin, tag, pathtag and all sizes of logbooks, stickers etc.
Thank you very much again Jim and Beth aka JimRKY and Bethy_Biker, hope to meet you one day:D

15da89f5-3fe6-4a46-8b5d-0ed5b0787f82.jpg

6 hours ago, pingos said:

In the first place, I want to thank Claire for the organization of the Christmas mission that many like me, look forward to every year with pleasure. Worldwide we share the hobby geocaching and with the mission often creates a friendship worldwide.

This year the Christmas mission did not go as you hope.
Claire wants everyone to get their mission and has arranged a rescue mission.:omnomnom::drama:now we can stop with eating and drinken :lol:

Today there was a letter from the USA in the mailbox, but I really did not order anything.
I found a very long letter in the envelope.
After reading the letter I think I know Jim and Beth a bit. We still have the plan to go to Nashville and then I'm sure I will visit Jim and Beth and go and drink a glass of Bourbon together :wub:
Not only the letter was great but also the geocoin, tag, pathtag and all sizes of logbooks, stickers etc.
Thank you very much again Jim and Beth aka JimRKY and Bethy_Biker, hope to meet you one day:D

15da89f5-3fe6-4a46-8b5d-0ed5b0787f82.jpg

Nice package. The wait is finally over.

Last round of :drama:for everyone participating in this mission :santa:

Now that the mission is finally over, I want to thank everyone for participating and some of you for being so patient :P

A bigger thanks to Scrabblehounds and Jimrky and Bethie_Biker1 for being so generous and playing Santa's Elves ;)

Hope everyone will join in the Easter mission which should be posted in the middle of March :anicute:

• Love 1