Yard Art Silhouettes

Janila

I am trying to enter a new location for a Yard Art Silhouettes and don't have the option of entering a new Waymark.  There is a little icon next to the category name which says "Non-user Category".  There is no listed group to do the reviews.  There is also a note:

• Waymarks cannot be added to this category (you must select a subcategory of this category in order to record a waymark)
  • Category is visible in the directory
  •  

However, when I click on the full category list, it is not showing that Yard Art Silhouettes has any subcategories.  Is this just a category that never was completed?

1 hour ago, Janila said:

I am trying to enter a new location for a Yard Art Silhouettes and don't have the option of entering a new Waymark.  There is a little icon next to the category name which says "Non-user Category".  There is no listed group to do the reviews.  There is also a note:

• Waymarks cannot be added to this category (you must select a subcategory of this category in order to record a waymark)
  • Category is visible in the directory
  •  

However, when I click on the full category list, it is not showing that Yard Art Silhouettes has any subcategories.  Is this just a category that never was completed?

I don't know why it's on the list since it's not a category you can add way marks to! 

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

I don't know why it's on the list since it's not a category you can add way marks to! 

I'm trying to figure out how this got created as a top category for subcategories.  I wonder if the waymarkers who tried to create this were trying to be "creative" and get a bunch of subcategories approved for this main category, they got denied, and this top category never got deleted.  OR the waymarkers creating the category didn't realize they hit an incorrect setting.  

15 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

I think you can submit to the silhouettes to the Silhouette Public Art Sculptures category, as long is it's in a public location.

I did consider that category but this silhouette is a black cutout of a French couple in front of a French restaurant so the description stopped me as this doesn't really seem to be a work of public art.  "These sculptures must be a public art piece; not an advertising figure or humorous lawn-ornament or holiday decoration(s)."  Maybe I will submit it just to see if it works.