Groundspeak sending event related spam emails

blubalu

In 2007 I attended an event in a neighbouring city. 

Since then I get announcements from this event for each monthly reoccurrence. 

These are spam mails sent by the Groundspeak HQ and they need to stop.

I only wrote a 'will attend' log for the very first time I wanted to attend and get announcements for this single event.

How could I have known that the owner/organizer of this event would make this a recurring event for more than a decade instead of creating a new event every time?

Groundspeak should provide a mechanism to unsubscribe from announcement mails associated with recurring events.

I would not classify the "Annoucement log" email notifications as "spam", but maybe that's just me. I've noticed that some people are overly sensitive about unwanted emails and perceived intrusions of privacy in places where they should have no expectation of privacy in the first place.

But anyway, if that "Event Cache" was archived and recurring events were listed as new Event Caches each time, then you wouldn't be receiving so many emails (unless you logged WA on those recurring events).  I thought that recurring events were no longer allowed, especially when the logging rules were changed and multiple "Attended" logs on a single Event Cache were disallowed.  If the CO of this particular recurring event would just Archive the cache and create new caches for each recurrence, then that would solve the issue. It seems odd that they are just changing the date and adding a new waypoint every month.  The cache icon isn't where the event occurs.