Feature request: GPX in notification email

Y&MD

23 minutes ago, Y&MD said:

Another option - add cache basic informations to body of notification email - terrain, difficulty, size and coordinates. I (and many others) will be happy with this.

I'm growing increasingly uneasy with recent changes reducing the motivation for people to look at the full cache description. There was the revamped app interface earlier in the year that removed all but a few words of the description and attributes from the top-level cache display, along with instructions to only look at the description "if you get stuck", now there's a similar thing happening in the website's new search page with the left-panel cache summary leaving important things like attributes out. Currently, the notification email contains a link to the cache page where all the information is there, including all the safety warnings and attributes the CO has included. A notification email with a cache summary that sought to bypass this step would be another nail in the coffin for adventure-style caches where the CO really wants searchers to at least look at the full cache page so that they're aware of the risks involved before they set out.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, barefootjeff said:

I'm growing increasingly uneasy with recent changes reducing the motivation for people to look at the full cache description. There was the revamped app interface earlier in the year that removed all but a few words of the description and attributes from the top-level cache display, along with instructions to only look at the description "if you get stuck", now there's a similar thing happening in the website's new search page with the left-panel cache summary leaving important things like attributes out.

The API limitation of three full cache descriptions per day can do that too. If basic members want to keep caching with an API-based app, then they have to do so with just the basic information (terrain, difficulty, size, etc.), and without the full description. Either that, or they have to plan ahead and download full descriptions in advance, downloading three a day prior to their extended geocaching trip.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:35 AM, Y&MD said:

Another option - add cache basic informations to body of notification email - terrain, difficulty, size and coordinates. I (and many others) will be happy with this.

I'd like to know if the cache is pmo.  I don't do them , and all area COs with them know that. 

Have received a few emails from COs saying "I thought you don't do them.  Why are you looking at mine?" (and similar...),  just because the notification doesn't give me that warning.  

- Same with cache links here in the forums.  Only one member I can recall states that the cache is pmo before the link to it.

Now, I have to be sure I'm not logged into the site just to check my mail...

Edited by cerberus1
Edited to Add