coordinates

Tonybatts

1 hour ago, Tonybatts said:

Can I access cache coordinates without upgrading?  Can geocaching be truly free?

If geocaching were "truly" free (i.e. no cost to anyone)  how do you suppose the company which has created the web site, mobile applications, and manages servers which contain several million cache listings, and all the logs and images associated with them could stay in business?

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

If geocaching were "truly" free (i.e. no cost to anyone)  how do you suppose the company which has created the web site, mobile applications, and manages servers which contain several million cache listings, and all the logs and images associated with them could stay in business?

Smatypants

1 hour ago, Tonybatts said:

Can I access cache coordinates without upgrading?  Can geocaching be truly free?

Yes it´s true. And if you use another free of charge app you can even see all Geocaches that are no PMO

10 minutes ago, DerDiedler said:

really?

Restrictions. Permission to use our services is subject to the following restrictions. Whether these restrictions have been violated shall be determined in our sole discretion. You agree not to:

1. Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access our services for any purpose without our express written permission.

There is an often touted free application that scrapes the web site, and not only does so without their expressed written permission, but intentionally is written such that it makes it appear that it's *not* scraping the web site, and that it's using a web browser to access their services.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher
  • Helpful 1
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:21 PM, DerDiedler said:

Well Tonybatts,

i guess thats how some people would welcome one to his new game. But I assure you. There are a lot of nice people here as well. Not only Smartypants and wanna be lawyers.

I send you a verry warm welcome. Have fun and stay curious!

Warning a new member to avoid an app that's known to be in violation of the Terms of Use is exactly the type of information that should be passed along. No wanna-be lawyers here. The issues with that app are well-known and have been for years, but some people choose to still use it and recommend it to others, further exacerbating the issues caused by it.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3