Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
CachedIronSkillet

Designing Cool Containers

I'm not sure if these fall into the Design topic, but I'm into designing both gadget caches and cool containers.

This box hides at 40mm ammo can, for instance.  Care to share some of your containers to inspire myself and others?

FB_IMG_1541946457661.jpg

Edited by CachedIronSkillet
  • Helpful 3

We took 11 dollars worth of materials. We took epoxy and stuck a Big bison tube to a rock and let it dry. Then inside we left it holding a  bison tube, holding centrifuge tube, holding a small nano for 4 layers of redundancy keeping the log book dry for our underwater cache GC8948E sitting at the bottom of the James River in Richmond, Virginia. We then painted the rock and set it at the bottom of the river. So far this design has managed to stay dry for a month not even the first container has been breached. Message me with questions.

20190528_190751.jpg

IMG_20190605_145830_099.jpg

20190528_190751.jpg

• Upvote 1

Could you get small containers at a craft store? I have a craft store near me and I was thinking of making a container.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xlavenderteax said:

Could you get small containers at a craft store? I have a craft store near me and I was thinking of making a container.

At a craft store I've mostly bought parts for signature items, or for TB attachments.  Or items for specialized camouflage of a container.  Occasionally I find a particular paint.  Most "craft store" stuff is for... crafts... and not durable enough for the wilderness.  But you might find something that's great for swag, on clearance.

You may find soda bottle preforms in a craft store, in the hobby/science section.  Or little plastic paint pots that have threaded caps.  But those being "Micros" tend to need replacement frequently, which makes them much more expensive, compared to buying a bunch of that item elsewhere.  A container designed to be opened and closed many times is preferable to one that really only needs to be watertight until opened (one use).

Preforms:

210MwgZhayL.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 1

On 7/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, FinleysCacheCrew said:

That is an awesome idea! Are you dropping it in the water?!?!? I think I might have my son paint some rocks....

Found all internal containers on ebay and the big bison tube off of the geocache website. Used jp weld epoxy to attach to rock

On 7/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, FinleysCacheCrew said:

That is an awesome idea! Are you dropping it in the water?!?!? I think I might have my son paint some rocks....

Found all internal containers on ebay and the big bison tube off of the geocache website. Used jp weld epoxy to attach to rock

So Ive Placed Alot of unique caches all over the place but my favorite is one that is at a train station. its called "all aboard" feel free to use it in any of you hides :bad: GC7VMB2

65959734_10157612642229170_9095953581386760192_n.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1