Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
suzimc

gray caches that aren't premium

I am a basic member.  There are caches that show up green on my laptop but when I look them up on my iphone, they show up as gray with a note stating to upgrade to premium.  If I attempt to bring it up with the GC number on my iphone. it will tell me to upgrade. I revoked the authorization, then deleted the app from my iphone, the uploaded the app again and the problem still remains.  What can I do to solve this problem?

You're confusing "advanced" caches on the app with "premium members only" caches.  You can view an advanced cache on the website but not the app, unless you upgrade to premium.  You cannot view the details of a PMO cache on either the website or the app.

To "solve this problem," you could upgrade to premium or use a different app (but with a different set of restrictions).  Or, you can use the information obtained from the website about an advanced cache, and search for it using a handheld GPS or by inputting its coordinates into your smartphone manually using any suitable navigation app.  This includes inputting its coordinates as an additional user-created waypoint on any cache that you can view in the official app.

Edited by Keystone
  • Upvote 3