Wrong icon size

Somewhat related:

while looking at my Visit Milestones I see that I have one listed for 1000th visit; strange because on my profile it shows Visits: 993

And if I go to "Waymarks I've Visited" it returns 991 - suggesting that two that I visited have since been archived.

Milestones, don't get ahead of me!

When I look at my Statistics it states: "You've visited 1004 waymarks (993 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

What does that mean "993 distinct"?

Does this mean I visited some waymarks multiple times? I don't recall ever visiting any waymark more than once. But I have posted a few notes to waymarks I also visited. Maybe they are both counted?

This calls for another little experiment :0)

4 minutes ago, Bon Echo said:

Somewhat related:

while looking at my Visit Milestones I see that I have one listed for 1000th visit; strange because on my profile it shows Visits: 993

And if I go to "Waymarks I've Visited" it returns 991 - suggesting that two that I visited have since been archived.

Milestones, don't get ahead of me!

When I look at my Statistics it states: "You've visited 1004 waymarks (993 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

Does this mean I visited some waymarks multiple times? I don't recall ever visiting any waymark more than once. But I have posted a few notes to waymarks I also visited. Maybe they are both counted?

Nope, just posted a Visit and then a Comment on one of PISA-caching's WMs and counts only went up by one. Log and Comment subsequently deleted.

Next I posted two visit logs to the same waymark and new I get "You've visited 1006 waymarks (994 distinct) since your first visit on 3/8/2013."

So yes it looks like I have some double-visits that I don't seem to remember. Oh well

5 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

I think the problem there is that the category does not have it's own icon - the one shown is the icon for the Measurement Standards department. I think.

The Icon for the Measurement Standards department has a gray border, while the Icons in the French Benchmarks category have a red border.

8 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

Could it be that you've visited cross posted waymarks and they're not considered distinct?

Or maybe you visited 11 of them on a foggy day? :)

Keith

57 minutes ago, BK-Hunters said:

Could it be that you've visited cross posted waymarks and they're not considered distinct?

I thought about that but if that was the case the numbers would be vastly different - if I had to guess, I'd say as many as 20% of my visits are to nearly duplicated waymarks (listed by the same player), maybe even more. I logged 11 visits alone on the CN tower and probably as many at Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls, more.

I guess I must really have posted 11 "additional visits". I did find one waymark that I visited twice. 11 seems high, but over 5 years, that only a couple per year. You think I'd remember, that's all.

2 hours ago, Bon Echo said:

I thought about that but if that was the case the numbers would be vastly different - if I had to guess, I'd say as many as 20% of my visits are to nearly duplicated waymarks (listed by the same player), maybe even more. I logged 11 visits alone on the CN tower and probably as many at Mount Rushmore, Niagara Falls, more.

I guess I must really have posted 11 "additional visits". I did find one waymark that I visited twice. 11 seems high, but over 5 years, that only a couple per year. You think I'd remember, that's all.

Well, it must have been the fog, then.

Keith