Sign in to follow this  
Followers 15
Geocaching HQ

Release Notes (Website: User profiles)

17 minutes ago, on4bam said:

Works like a charm but it should be fixed at GS' side so it works for everyone.

Can't even get this to work my side. Such a shame as all my links go to mailchimp which encrypts them anyway. I spent a lot of time making badges for local series that link to a larger version (to see the detail) hosted on my mailchimp account. Now all for nothing :(

46 minutes ago, Kaarthuul said:

I get the popup and say OK but it just opens another profile page instead of the link. The post above talked about changing the HREF link to go via geocaching.com but I could not get it to work?

You might have a popup blocker enabled. The hijacked links are working, if you get the confirmation popup - but the link opens in a new tab. The same tab will stay in the same profile page*.  Try disabling popup blocking for geocaching.com. I tested your profile and the badge images do appear in a new tab after hitting OK.

* as a side note, clicking a link returns to the top of the page because the click event isn't canceled, and since the hash in the link isn't an anchor, it scrolls to the top of the page - another very annoying browser quirk

56 minutes ago, Kaarthuul said:

Such a shame as all my links go to mailchimp which encrypts them anyway. I spent a lot of time making badges for local series that link to a larger version (to see the detail) hosted on my mailchimp account. Now all for nothing :(

There you said it.

All the efforts put in by users, by paying customors, to create nice banners and profil pages making the game more beatuifull are disrespectfully destroyed or mutilated.

17 minutes ago, DerDiedler said:

to create nice banners and profil pages making the game more beautiful

Actually better caches would make this game more beautiful. Banners and Statistic Pages are not the core part of this game. At least they are not even a minor part of serious geocaching.

But "Each to his own" or "Jeder Jeck ist anders". 😉

Hans

Edited by HHL
  • Upvote 3
  • Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1