Hack Attack

5 hours ago, DerDiedler said:

If you are suspecting a Hack Attack, klicking a link might be the most stupid idea you can possibly have

In this case it may be the only way to get the answer to the question.

My second guess it that OP is using some VPN system which is using a proxy and the proxy is broken or the service is blocked by geocaching.com.

11 minutes ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

Arisoft - there's NO circumstance under which clicking that link is OK on the internet.

I am sure that the link gives the reason why the page is not loading. What makes you suspect something else? If you are affraid of clicking links you should disconnect your computer from the Internet.

32 minutes ago, Team Microdot said:

Spoken like a person with devices probably crawling with malware.

I am using outdated operating system and web browser and absolutely no antivirus program. But I do not see messages from nginx so they must be safe.

Edited by arisoft
5 hours ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

Arisoft - there's NO circumstance under which clicking that link is OK on the internet.

As a blanket statement, no, that's not correct. There could be many circumstances where clicking that link could be useless at worst, and could actually provide some useful information at best. Without knowing where this message is coming from or inspecting the target of that hyperlink, there's no way to pass judgement on whether it could be harmful or not. Most likely, it's harmless and just wouldn't give any information that would be useful to anyone other than the person running the web server.

Anyway, AFAIK, HQ doesn't use nginx on their web servers (they seem to use IIS in Windows), so this must be coming from some other site.

I love threads like this where the initiator just disapears after his problem was placed. No further reactions, no answeres to queries, no report about the actual state or further actions taken.

Have he clickt the link? what happened?

Ok, one excuse would be he clicked the link and his machine got smoked :D

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 4
3 minutes ago, DerDiedler said:

I love threads like this where the initiator just disapears after his problem was placed. No further reactions, no answeres to queries, no report about the actual state or further actions taken.

Have he clickt the link? what happened?

Ok, one excuse would be he clicked the link and his machine got smoked :D

Yeah - me too - it's a joke.

17 hours ago, not2b said:

Don't panic.  nginx is a proxy server.  If the OP is getting this message at work, the company's sysadmins might be running it.   It's probably safe to ask them if they are.

Nginx is a web server,  often used as a load balancer or reverse proxy.   It is used in a standard configuration for Ruby on Rails applications (directing requests to Puma, an application server).   Since GS uses load balancing, it's entirely possible that it's using nginx as a load balancer to several machines running windows IIS

1 minute ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Nginx is a web server,  often used as a load balancer or reverse proxy.   It is used in a standard configuration for Ruby on Rails applications (directing requests to Puma, an application server).   Since GS uses load balancing, it's entirely possible that it's using nginx as a load balancer to several machines running windows IIS

It's also entirely possible the OP has nothing to do with GS and we're all wasting our time trying to second-guess the OP who is long gone and could no longer care a fig.

13 minutes ago, Team Microdot said:

It's also entirely possible the OP has nothing to do with GS and we're all wasting our time trying to second-guess the OP who is long gone and could no longer care a fig.

Yes,  that's entirely possible.  I was just offering an explanation of nginx (from someone that has used it) which provides a plausible explanation for why someone might see a reference to it that has nothing to do with hacking