Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jean1955

old map

I checked out the new map and I don't like it....how do I get back to the old map?

There is an option shown on the page, but once you opt out of the new maps you cannot get back. I'm not too hot on it either.

Go to Newest Caches, then look at upper right , you should see a box Welcome to the New Maps. Select LEARN MORE. On the next page there is a menu, go to 1.8 and you can opt out.

Edited by Jayeffel
adding info
  • Upvote 1

I seem to be able to switch back and forth between the old map and new map, even though I opted out.

• Helpful 1

6 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I seem to be able to switch back and forth between the old map and new map, even though I opted out.

Yeah they finally added that option 1.5 month after they began the test period 

6 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

+1

Don't worry about the ominous-sounding warning about opting out being permanent.  Looks like you can switch between them at will (maybe not exactly the same thing as "opt in", but close).  And eventually, you'll get what you get. B)

I had not tried that, not too sure I'd like the results.

I think the wording on the link was just changed. It now tells you how to opt out and back in.

I don't like the new map or new features as well. Before it was easy to click home location and use a filter to see all caches at whatever distance you choose. This new thing doesn't give you an option for the distance in the filter. I'll try and follow the instructions to get the old view and options back. IMHO this is a big FAIL. Wish I could play sad trombone music on here.