old map

jean1955

There is an option shown on the page, but once you opt out of the new maps you cannot get back. I'm not too hot on it either.

Go to Newest Caches, then look at upper right , you should see a box Welcome to the New Maps. Select LEARN MORE. On the next page there is a menu, go to 1.8 and you can opt out.

Edited by Jayeffel
adding info
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I seem to be able to switch back and forth between the old map and new map, even though I opted out.

+1

Don't worry about the ominous-sounding warning about opting out being permanent.  Looks like you can switch between them at will (maybe not exactly the same thing as "opt in", but close).  And eventually, you'll get what you get. B)

I don't like the new map or new features as well. Before it was easy to click home location and use a filter to see all caches at whatever distance you choose. This new thing doesn't give you an option for the distance in the filter. I'll try and follow the instructions to get the old view and options back. IMHO this is a big FAIL. Wish I could play sad trombone music on here.

I am also trying to get out of the new map which I don't find nearly as useful or versatile as the old map. I have read the directions given on this thread from November, but I don't find the box, "Welcome to the new map." Is there another way out?

1 hour ago, aliasmom said:

I am also trying to get out of the new map which I don't find nearly as useful or versatile as the old map. I have read the directions given on this thread from November, but I don't find the box, "Welcome to the new map." Is there another way out?

The Search Map is the default map.  At the upper-right corner is a button that says "Browse geocaches".  Clicking on that button will take you to the Browse Map.  If that is the map view you want to use always/often, then you could bookmark that page to have a quicker route to it from your browser.

gc-map-options.png.bba68241caa5265de82e0c8090412a44.png