proximity alarm change

gurn4you

I updated my app today also, hoping to resolve another issue, and noticed that all I get is a vibration now, no audible alert (or option).  Give us a choice - sometimes audible is inconvenient, but I do like it most of the time. So perhaps a toggle for no alert, audible alert, or vibrations alert?

Edited by CAVinoGal
typo fix
  • Upvote 3
On 11/4/2018 at 2:14 AM, CAVinoGal said:

I updated my app today also, hoping to resolve another issue, and noticed that all I get is a vibration now, no audible alert (or option).  Give us a choice - sometimes audible is inconvenient, but I do like it most of the time. So perhaps a toggle for no laert, audible alert, or vibrations alert?

Yes, same thing for me, I agree. It would be better to have choice.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

I remember a lot of threads started , asking for the audible proximity alert to at least have an option to turn it off, like on a GPSr. 

- Guess folks disliked the attention that they were getting with so many "please be stealthy" mentions on cache pages...

Looks like the site obliged.   :)

IIRC, the audible alert on the app was to help newer folks realize when it's time to put that phone in your pocket and start looking.

I agree though that an on/off option with sound is a good idea.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

I remember a lot of threads started , asking for the audible proximity alert to at least have an option to turn it off, like on a GPSr. 

- Guess folks disliked the attention that they were getting with so many "please be stealthy" mentions on cache pages...

Looks like the site obliged.   :)

IIRC, the audible alert on the app was to help newer folks realize when it's time to put that phone in your pocket and start looking.

I agree though that an on/off option with sound is a good idea.

AFAIK, you could choose to have the audible alert or not - plus most phones give you an option for silencing app notifications anyway.  Having the audible alert on or off was never an issue for me.  

Now I have NO option for an audible - it's vibrate or nothing.  

29 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

AFAIK, you could choose to have the audible alert or not - plus most phones give you an option for silencing app notifications anyway.

Initially the Official app had an audible alert and there was no option to turn it off.  Numerous complaints ensued.

Then, in May-2017, the option to toggle the audible alert was added to the Settings.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, noncentric said:

Initially the Official app had an audible alert and there was no option to turn it off.  Numerous complaints ensued.

Then, in May-2017, the option to toggle the audible alert was added to the Settings.

Ahh, that explains it - I didn't start geocaching till March 2017, and didn't use the official app until I became a Premium member in June 2017.  So for me, the audible toggle was "always" there!  Now it has become a vibration on/off toggle.  Ideally we could choose audible, vibrate, both, or none!  (Just like I can for incoming messages and calls).

• Upvote 2