trackables not dropping

gurn4you

Starting Nov 2, 2018 whenever I tried to drop a trackable using the tried and true proper method that has always worked before, I would get an acknowledgement that it had posted but the trackable would not leave my inventory and go into the cache. The only way I could successfully do it was to go to geocaching.com and drop the through the new map feature. Any ideas for help?

On 11/3/2018 at 5:05 PM, gurn4you said:

Starting Nov 2, 2018 whenever I tried to drop a trackable using the tried and true proper method that has always worked before, I would get an acknowledgement that it had posted but the trackable would not leave my inventory and go into the cache. The only way I could successfully do it was to go to geocaching.com and drop the through the new map feature. Any ideas for help?

I'm sorry you're having problems logging trackables. Thanks for reporting the issue.

We released an update for Android this week (6.15.0) that should fix those problems for you. Please update to the latest version available in the Google Play Store and let us know whether that fixes the problem for you.

8 hours ago, thesheenz said:

I am having this same problem.  I updated and reset app.  Still unable to drop trackable. 

I'm sorry that you're still having problems. Can you please confirm that you're on app version 6.15.0 or later? You can find the app version by opening the top left menu in the app and scrolling down to Version Info.

I am seeing this problem, trackables not dropping, with the newest Android app release. I dropped a TB from the cache details screen, trackables/yours section, and saw a confirmation message that trackable was logged - but the trackable still shows in my inventory (checked via website).

I then tried dropping the trackable from the Profile, Trackable inventory section of the app. Saw the confirmation message again, went to website to check my inventory, and the trackable is still there. There are no logs on the trackable's page either, related to my drop attempts.

App version 7.0.0

Android version 8.0.0

ETA: Ended up installing Geooh app to do the drop, and that worked.

Edited by noncentric
  • Upvote 1
On 11/23/2018 at 2:44 PM, noncentric said:

I am seeing this problem, trackables not dropping, with the newest Android app release. I dropped a TB from the cache details screen, trackables/yours section, and saw a confirmation message that trackable was logged - but the trackable still shows in my inventory (checked via website).

I then tried dropping the trackable from the Profile, Trackable inventory section of the app. Saw the confirmation message again, went to website to check my inventory, and the trackable is still there. There are no logs on the trackable's page either, related to my drop attempts.

App version 7.0.0

Android version 8.0.0

ETA: Ended up installing Geooh app to do the drop, and that worked.

Just now, haus39 said:

I have the same problem.

App version 7.0.0

Android 8.0.0

It's not possible to drop the trackable from the inventar by the app.

I also tried deinstallation and reinstallation. No way.

It's only possible to drop the trackabkles via the website.

Thanks for the continued reports on this problem. We're having trouble reproducing it on our end, but we're aware that it's adversely affecting players and we continue to look for a fix.

Hi there!

I also have the same issue: I tried to drop 2 TB:s on December 30th 2018 - which did not work out.

I have tried pretty much everything from reloading, logging out, updating Android app version etc

Strange thing is that I retrieved a TB on the very same day and time and THAT log was updated!                   

But not the "Dropping" part.

So Iog still says that I have both TB:s in my possession. Although I  don´t anymore.

Version 7.2.0
Android 8.0.0

Still seeing the same problem even after uninstalling & reinstalling the newest version. Unable to drop, visit, or discover trackable from the app. I get the notifications "trackable logged" but nothing is actually saved to the log page. 

Edited by TeamHandM
Spelling error.