gps etrex 10

dashodoric

21 hours ago, dashodoric said:

I give up with this GPS I cannot download caches HELP

Gordon 

Here's the Help Center article about "Lists" and "Send To Garmin".

Install Garmin Express, then be sure it works, and that you allow it to do its thing.  When running Garmin Express and sending Lists, there are popup windows at first, requesting access, and you need to allow the access.  The other option is to not allow access, which would of course cause the files to not be sent.  Important messages may "pop up" under other windows or be hidden easily.  So you need to be familiar with using Windows as well.

Start Garmin Express, and add your device.  Then click the device's icon (in your case it would be Etrex 10), and you see that Garmin Express is able to work with your device.  Do you see "Connected" and "Up To Date"?  You need to be sure that part works.

connectedUntitled-2.jpg

Use the "Send To Garmin" link as mentioned in the Help Center article, and you may initially see popups requesting permission.  In order to get the List sent to your device, allow them all.

If everything's OK, you click "Continue".  The plan needs to be that you approve all the things it wants to do, to allow the access.

readyUntitled-1.jpg

If you're seeing anything other than this, post the results.

Good luck! :)

Edited by kunarion
2 hours ago, dashodoric said:

it asks me to download garmin express, I have tried 8 times I get my list and I did see the send to link but without express nothing happens

Download Garmin Express:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/

The next step after you download it is to install Garmin Express, then configure it for your USB connected Etrex, by agreeing to "Add Device".

Edited by kunarion

Be sure your Etrex 10 is in "Mass Storage" mode. From the Garmin Etrex 10 main menu it саn be checked: "Setup" -> "System" -> "USB mode" -> "Mass Storage"

Then turn off your GPS device and connect it to the USB port of your PC. Wait while the OS identifies your device as an external drive. The file explorer may pop up once the device is found.

If you're sure that's correct, yet the PC doesn't recognize it as a drive, you should try a different USB cable and a different USB port. Plug it into the computer, not a “USB Hub” .

Your PC almost seems to have been set up with special security measures to prevent the kind of access you're attempting.  Do you know someone who can check your settings and install Geocaching functions your PC? It must either be set up to allow normal Windows 10 functions to happen, or at least you need to know how to temporarily over-ride any special restrictions. You mentioned “OATH” in a message, and if that's disallowing normal PC functions, you need to decide what you're using it for, and you need to find out how to connect USB and install software.

Remember that you can enter coordinates for a cache or two into the Etrex as waypoints and go.  Print or write down or remember the cache info such as the hint.  No special PC settings needed. :)

Edited by kunarion