COs, what do you do with your old physical logs?

ryanbhuvam

I still have the logs to the last set of caches I put out, because I threw all of the containers into a box that was then packed by our movers and shipped with our household goods.

I would have recycled them by now, but that box is in the basement.  So, I still have 'em.

The only log we've held on to for posterity is our event log - I found a nice journal type book we weren't using, glued a TB to it, and have taken it to all our events to date.  The thing that really makes it cool is the wax seal from one of our first events.

I had 4 gallon sized ziplocs stuffed with old logbooks going back to my earliest caches in 2001.  I didn't feel right about throwing them away.  Especially the older ones, where people used to fill up the a half or full page with the story of their adventure.  Some were interesting reads and  logs brought back memories of some of the area's geocaching pioneers who either left the game or passed away. 

Alas, I made a move in August and I was combining two households with my new wife into a 1 BR condo.  Lots of stuff had to go and the logbooks didn't make the cut.  I kept 3 or 4 but the rest went in the trash. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, ryanbhuvam said:

My first few caches were destroyed/really dumb but when I made a proper cache and then had to replace the log as it got full, I kept it as a little memento. Didn't feel that way about any caches after that though.

I've never ended up with a full log book in a condition that I'd save.  Most recently, the first half of one page of a big log book had signatures, then a finder "got blood on it".  I threw it out. :rolleyes: