Export "Found" logs to MS Excel???

smithfamily33

I'm trying to track progress of my finds towards certain challenge caches, i.e. "Find 25 caches with an outdoor activity word", "15 caches with various food names", etc. I'm only at 200+ finds, so I'm getting close on some, have a ways to go on others. Is there a way I can periodically download my finds to an excel spreadsheet and track my progress? This would be tremendously helpful...Thanks.

11 minutes ago, HHL said:

Go to the advanced search: https://www.geocaching.com/play/search#Content
Hit the "Filter" button.
Jot down your outdoor keyword and set radio button "I've found"

My result (for keyword "wandern"):

Save the URL of your resulting pages for future reference.

Hans

This works for a specific word, but not for a group of (not predetermined) related words.  

Does ProjectGC handle this?

I think the easiest way to do this is to use the bookmark feature for each of the challenges you are working on. When you log a find add it to the appropriate list or lists. I think one of the reasons new challenges of this type are not publishable under the new guidelines is that there is no easy way to create an auto checker. At least you don’t have thousand of finds to search through.

• Helpful 1

What kind of information do you need to export to Excel? If the cache code and name will suffice GPSBable can convert the GPX into a tab delimited csv that can be sorted in Excel. If you need all the information in the GPX I think GSAK is your only choice. If you try the GPSBabel method set the input file format to GPX XML and the output to Garmin Mapsource - txt (tab delimited). There are several formats that I've not tried but I know what I listed is a quick way to come up with sorted cache codes and names.

I have used a free program called GAPP to do exactly what you mentioned in the OP.  Get my finds into an Excel spreadsheet, so I can sort and filter my found caches in different ways.

However, I will say that I tried using the live api in GAPP the other day and it wasn't working for me.  But, that could just be an issue on my end.  I haven't gotten around to digging into the Forums for that program yet, since they are in the Dutch language, not English.  BUT, the program allows for loading gpx files, so a MyFinds PQ could be loaded without dealing with the Live API menu.