[Feature suggestion] Icon size slider for map

kltki

Hi, 

When browsing for caches on the map in my home area on my computer, I feel that there is a sea of green, blue, yellow and red (icons for found, traditional, mystery, multi etc.), and I cannot distinguish between individual caches. They are on top of each other, and/or sometimes so close to each other that I cannot see the map underneath.

I feel like this is a problem when I want to "scope" for caches, to get a general sense of to which broader area I should go geocaching next. And of course, it is more of a problem in areas with lots of caches. It only applies to lower zoom levels, where you can see a big part of the map. I don't have this problem on high zoom levels, which the icons are probably optimized for.

This has always annoyed me somewhat, I feel it is a problem on all devices (computers, phones and tablets). I don't feel it uses modern devices high resolution optimally! The icons could be much smaller for those who want it. 

An elegant way to solve this would be to have a slider for cache icon sizes!Then every individual could decide what's best for them. 

Wouldn't this be a nice feature, and an easy one to implement? I think many people in the community have experienced this but maybe doesn't realize it!

Best Regards :) 

kltki

A typical example of a crowded "broader area", where it is hard to distinguish map features underneath, and hard to see individual caches:

suggestion.thumb.PNG.663de35a12d5d7a6a55603e3a4849059.PNG

Approximately the same view on an iPhone. The same problems remain:

suggestion2.thumb.PNG.4b6044728bce6c4d9cfb72698b465b9f.PNG