eTrex 20 Maximum List transfer to device

Dansagenius

Hi All 

I have just treated myself to a eTrex20 after i found my Samsung J3 was pretty poor with GPS accuracy.  I have tried to download/transfer my 'list' of caches ready for a weekend away.

My list contains around 800 caches around where we are staying which is pretty useful but unfortunately they do not appear on the device when transferred via the garmin express automation process.  I have connected my device to the PC and they ARE showing in the garmin\GPX folder but not showing when using the actual device via the geocaching menu.

I have tried manually downloading and transferring a single cache and this works fine.

Is there a maximum number of caches within a 'list' that the device can cope with?  I really dont want to download each cache and manually transfer them for the area we will be staying.

Any help would be great.

The limits are:

eTrex 20/30/20x/30x

• 2,000 GPX files
  • 2,000 waypoints
  • 5,000 geocaches
  • 200 routes, 250 points per route
  • 200 saved tracks
  • 2,000 archive tracks
  • 10,000 points per track
  • 100 custom map tiles
  • 250 BirdsEye Imagery files
  • Approximately 3,000 mapping segments

Caution: avoid having listed a geocache in more than one list or PQ. If the unit detects a doublet it fails to show caches at all.

Are these caches more than 150 miles away from your current location? If so, then that's the issue. The Garmin devices will only show caches in the list if they're within 150 miles of the current location. However, they will be shown on the map regardless of distance. You should be able to pan the map to the relevant area and see the caches. If you still can't see them, try zooming in a bit closer.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:57 PM, The A-Team said:

Are these caches more than 150 miles away from your current location? If so, then that's the issue.

No, that's not true for the eTrex x0 series. This behaviour started with the eTrex touch units.

Hans

Edited by HHL